The Whistler: A Novel by John Grisham

The Whistler: A Novel (edition 2017)

by John Grisham (Author)

Member:GVassmer
Title:The Whistler: A Novel
Authors:John Grisham (Author)
Info:Dell (2017), Edition: Reprint, 480 pages
Tags:FIC

The Whistler by John Grisham

Recently added byawwebbgen, pjferg888, jslantz1948, jandarlene, GMommyD, TML-Hancock, private library, JANNEWLAND

English (48)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (51)
Grisham is an excellent story teller and this was a well written book with the action pretty much continuous after the first third. Lacy Stolz is a lawyer and investigator for the Florida Board on Judicial Conduct. Along with a small team, she investigates misconducts by Florida judges. A tipster uncovers a large syndicate skimming money from casinos.Another good Grisham story. ( )
  buffalogr | Aug 27, 2018 |
This was the best John Grisham suspense novel that I've read in a long time. Nonetheless, it is still a bit of a dry procedural novel. ( )
  hemlokgang | May 29, 2018 |
I love John Grisham! Whenever I pick up one of his books my family complains that I constantly have my nose in a book. lol This book was no different. I was captivated by the story, characters and could not wait to find out how everything would be resolved. I really found the Indian reservation portion of the story very interesting. Highly recommend. ( )
1 vote Thelmajean | May 7, 2018 |
Decent and quick read. Always a big fan of Grisham's easy but entertaining books
  ChelleBearss | Mar 10, 2018 |
John Grisham writes technical novels, but with an ease that allows the "common folk" to enjoy the story. The novel deals with the Indian reservations and casinos on the reservation. I do not know what percentage of the story relates fact, but the story fills me with wonder and awe. The ending of the novel seems too tame, and I do not feel that the ending could be so calm. The greed of people haunts the story. When is wealth, too much? The characters present interesting backgrounds, but the reader never learns the true mysteries of the characters. The novel presents an easy read but fails to delve into the character's psyche. ( )
  delphimo | Feb 24, 2018 |
The satellite radio was playing soft jazz, a compromise.

On the heels of the runaway success of Rogue Lawyer, John Grisham delivers the high-octane suspense that readers have come to expect from the master of the legal thriller.

With his latest novel, John Grisham takes his irresistible blend of legal savvy and page-turning storytelling to a whole new level. Filled with an unforgettable cast of characters and Grisham's trademark twists and turns, readers will be kept guessing until the very last page.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 10 Apr 2016 18:23:29 -0400)

Lacy Stoltz, an investigator for the Florida Board on Judicial Conduct, takes on a case involving a corrupt judge, a Native American casino, and the mafia when a previously disbarred lawyer approaches her on behalf of a client who claims to know the truth.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible