Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Children of the Night by Dan Simmons

Children of the Night

by Dan Simmons

1,0191712,603 (3.43)15

English (15)  German (2)  All languages (17)
One of the interesting aspects of this is the reliance on historical tales of Vlad the Impaler for the memoir chapters. Some of them are truly chilling. Overall, though, this just didn’t hold my attention as well as some of Simmons’s other novels. Too much mystery is resolved early on, I think; there are some twists later, but I just didn’t feel too invested at that point. ( )
  brokensandals | Feb 7, 2019 |
Not as good as the Terror and compared to Drood it was just plain flat. But overall it was a good story. The characters seemed a little cliche. But as I got deeper into the story I realzid that is probably what Simmons was going for. Currently on a Simmons binge. I know writers go through evolutionary stages and am willing to read between the lines. Not all of their books are going to be the same. ( )
  Joe73 | May 31, 2018 |
It was a good read. There were a couple lines that were awful, but the characterization more than made up for them. The plot was a bit obvious, at least to me. My roommate pointed out I tend to bring a problem-solving mindset to books, which is accurate. I learned to read on mystery stories, so figuring things out is part of the fun. The lead character is very well done, and doesn't fall prey to any of the common issues of a female lead written by a male author. Really, all the characters were very well done. Some of the relationships between characters were a little predictable, but without actually feeling trite. Even where the relationships and interactions were expected, they were well written and good reading. ( )
1 vote hopeevey | May 19, 2018 |
really couldn't get into this. not into vampire romance books ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 9, 2016 |
really couldn't get into this. not into vampire romance books ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 3, 2016 |

Smit, JanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Spinelli, AnnCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Valla, R.Traduttoresecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to the children
We flew to Bucharest almost as soon as the shooting has stopped, landing at Otopeni Airport just after midnight on December 29, 1989.
Please distinguish between this Work of Dan Simmons' and the same- or similarly- titled works of David Stuart Davies, Gloria Naylor, and Jan Strnad. Thank you.

From Amazon.com
Product Description
A Romanian infant who flourishes when given the wrong blood transfusion could hold the key to a cure for AIDS and cancer, but he also shares an intimate link to a clan of vampires. By the author of Summer of Night. Reprint. K. PW.

------------------------------------

In a desolate orphanage in what remains of post-Communist Romania, a desperately ill infant is given the wrong blood transfusion - and flourishes when he's supposed to die. the discovery of his unique immune system may hold hte key to the long-awaited cure for cancer and AIDS. For a dedicated American doctor, he promises the medical breakthrough of a lifetime, as well as a very special love she's never been able to find. but he also conceals a shockingly intimate link to a clan of vampires and their legendary leader -[ the fiend the world calls Vlad Dracula, who, for centuries, has triumphed over countless rivals tyrants, including death itself .....

In Romania to help treat rare blood ailments, hematologist Kate Neuman adopts a child whose body is capable of accepting any type of blood, and soon she is tracked by superhuman members of a Romanian underground.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,529,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible