The Toaster Broke, So We're Getting Married:…

The Toaster Broke, So We're Getting Married: A Memoir

by Pamela Holm

Fun read ( )
  breakitgood | Mar 30, 2013 |
Rather uninspired. There is nothing about the author that seems particularly noteworthy and her writing lacks a sense of purpose. Easy read but ultimately forgettable. ( )
  DDay | Oct 9, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 081297025X, Paperback)

The Toaster Broke So We’re Getting Married is a hilarious and heartwarming look at one woman’s odyssey from divorced single mom with a rebellious streak and a string of soured relationships to blushing bride, shamelessly seduced by the kind of satin-and-lace fantasies that short-circuit logic, practicality, and self-control. While diving into an ocean of tulle and other trappings—determined to remain true to the person she is—Holms offers funny insights into:

Living Together: “It wasn’t just about love anymore, it was about laundry and garbage and wet towels and who put the spoons in the dishwasher upside down.”

The Dress: “Judith clips a long veil to the back of my head and lets it tumble to the floor. I nearly burst into tears. I am the Barbie Dream Bride.”

The Cake: “Something about this woman makes me think she may have learned cake decorating in jail.”

The Jitters: “Right now, ‘Till death do us part’ seems like a very long time.”

With honesty and delicious humor, Holm chronicles her adventure to the altar, sharing her anxieties and fears about true commitment. Her story will resonate with anyone who has ever taken a leap of faith.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:02 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,458,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible