Two Days Gone (Ryan DeMarco Mystery) by…

Two Days Gone (Ryan DeMarco Mystery) (original 2017; edition 2017)

by Randall Silvis (Author)

Member:mkboylan
Title:Two Days Gone (Ryan DeMarco Mystery)
Authors:Randall Silvis (Author)
Info:Sourcebooks Landmark (2017), 400 pages
Collections:Read in 2017, Your library

Two Days Gone by Randall Silvis (2017)

DNF!

After reading two books in a row that was pretty bad did I not feel like adding another one to the list. The story about a professor that kills his whole family should be interesting, however, it's a lackluster novel that lacks compelling characters and instead how trying to find the missing professor is the cop more interested in finding the notebook that contains the book the professor is working on. Also, we get the professors POV during the story's progressed and I mentally groan every time it's time for his POV. The writing is meh, the story is meh and my feeling towards the book is blah!
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
For this review and others, visit my blog: http://debbiesbooknook.com/book-reviews.html

After reading the summary of Two Days Gone by Randall Silvis, I was intrigued and eager to sink into it. Once I started to read it…my enthusiasm dwindled. The book is about a well-liked professor and bestselling author, Thomas Huston, who is on the run and being accused of brutally killing his wife and three children. The investigator in charge of the case, Sgt. Ryan DeMarco is an acquaintance and fan of Huston. DeMarco tries to connect the dots and figure out if Huston actually committed the crime (while fighting his own demons). The story starts off great, but as it continues the plot just kind of fizzles and the pace moves much too slow for me. I believe the book is well-written (the man can write), but I was unable to connect with any of the characters and just did not get into it the way I like.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Sourcebooks Landmark for giving me an ARC of the book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  debbiesbooknook | Apr 27, 2018 |
This is the first in a detective series. I really enjoyed this book because of the interesting characters. The detective and the suspect, a well established writer, had both suffered loss and that commonality established an unusual bond between them.. I was intrigued by the structure which was supported by the writer's beliefs about writing, and the need to inhabit the characters to write about them, and the impact of those beliefs on the detective, Ryan DeMarko. Very good read! ( )
  hemlokgang | Apr 5, 2018 |
Thomas Houston is a very popular Literature teacher and well known author. Houston's world is turned upside down when his entire family is murdered and he becomes the prime suspect. Detective Ryan DeMarco catches the case and is on the hunt to locate the missing Houston. Detective DeMarco is convinced that Houston couldn't have killed his entire family. He begins to wonder if there is more going on than what meets the eye. Can Detective DeMarco solve the murders an prove a man innocent or will his search endanger his own life?

I really enjoyed this novel by Randall Silvis. I definitely plan to read future books by this author. I received a free copy of this novel courtesy of Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  NikkiK94 | Mar 21, 2018 |
Great book of literary suspense wrapped up in a mysterious crime. Two main characters. Two alternating point of views. Two flawed friends with a similar troubled past. Pretty intriguing read, especially as the plot unravels.

I didn't like the extent of vulgarity and sexual overtone chosen throughout the book. It was the dark spot in an otherwise bright book. ( )
  BenjaminThomas | Mar 16, 2018 |

The perfect family. The perfect house. The perfect life. All gone now. What could cause a man, when all the stars of fortune are shining upon him, to suddenly snap and destroy everything he has built? This is the question that haunts Sergeant Ryan DeMarco after the wife and children of beloved college professor and bestselling author Thomas Huston are found slaughtered in their home. Huston himself has disappeared and so is immediately cast as the prime suspect. DeMarco knows--or thinks he knows--that Huston couldn't have been capable of murdering his family. But if Huston is innocent, why is he on the run? And does the half-finished manuscript he left behind contain clues to the mystery of his family's killer?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,821,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible