Once upon a More Enlightened Time: More…

Once upon a More Enlightened Time: More Politically Correct Bedtime… (edition 1995)

by James Finn Garner

Member:msbhaven
Title:Once upon a More Enlightened Time: More Politically Correct Bedtime Stories
Authors:James Finn Garner
Info:MacMillan Publishing Company (1995), Hardcover, 84 pages

Once Upon a More Enlightened Time: More Politically Correct Bedtime Stories by James Finn Garner

I don't know whether I liked the New Age Hansel and Gretel or the Type-A Personality Ant of the Ant and the Grasshopper Fame better. Good stuff. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 22, 2014 |
once again, another cute book. quick read, funny and worth reading if you can borrow it or snag a free copy. I enjoyed Garner's take on all the fairy tales and serveral made me laugh out loud. ( )
  MillieHennessy | Dec 4, 2013 |
What a hoot! Now I want to read Politically Correct Bedtime Stories. ( )
  cougargirl1967 | Aug 30, 2013 |
It was an ok book overall. It made me laugh every nog and again and the short tales where amusing if not altogether really funny. I especially enjoyed some jokes involving poultry (in the hare and trotoise tale). ( )
  Moriquen | Sep 18, 2011 |
I love re-tellings of old tales. And Garner did a classy job in Politically Correct Bedtime Stories. He tries to continue the rich vein here, but it shrivels to mediocrity.
The PC language is still funny, but the inspired twists are missing.
The book is on my ‘to get rid of’ pile.
The best of the stories is “Sleeping Persun of Better-Than-Average Attractiveness.”

PS: the jacket blurb boasts that the London daily Telegraph has called Garner a “smart-alec, mealy-mouthed creep.” So much for good karma. ( )
  2wonderY | Aug 18, 2010 |
At the outset, I would like to apologize sincerely for the success of my last book.

Another enlightened collection from the bestselling author of Politically Correct Bedtime Stories. Garner continues his mission to liberate our classic fairy tales from archaic, sexist, ageist, classist, lookist, and environmentally unsound prejudices with a new collection of humorous tales for readers of evolved consciousness. 13 line drawings.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:29 -0400)

Includes "politically correct" versions of The little mermaid and Sleeping Beauty.

James Finn Garner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,962,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible