100 Beaded Jewelry Designs: Easy-to-Bead…

100 Beaded Jewelry Designs: Easy-to-Bead Necklaces, Bracelets, Brooches,…

by Stephanie Burnham

I highly recommend this book, the pictures are amazing, and the instructions are very clear. The section in the back of the book explains the basic off-loom stitches (peyote, brick stitch, spirals, etc) very well and has helpful pictures. She uses a lot of very specific beads/brands that I haven't been able to find even online (some of the leaf and flower beads), but it's fairly easy to substitute your own for unique and gorgeous jewelry. This book is equally as good for inspiration as it is for the patterns and instructions provided in it. ( )
  katieisawesome | Nov 26, 2013 |
Great stitch info and patterns
  wiccked | Oct 1, 2010 |
Good picture book to use as a jumping off point in creating beadwork
  GloriousBeads | Apr 7, 2009 |
100 Beaded Jewelry Designs-Book Review

100 Beaded Jewelry Designs has easy-to-bead (mostly) necklaces, bracelets, brooches, and more. It is divided into three main sections, plus one large 32 page section on basic techniques.

If you look through this book, you'll see that Stephanie used many different materials, like natural elements like shell, slate, wood and agate. She has also used beads from Venice, Japan, China and the Czeck Republic, plus several glass ones

The first section is Classic Lengths. These necklaces are adaptable to fit any neckline. The second section has chokers. These are worn high around the neck of just at the base of the neck. Many of these necklaces have matching items to compliment the pieces. The third section is Lariats and Longer Lengths, they are single lengths of bead work and are worn by wrapping it together in the front. Lariats are elegant necklaces that can be worn for a casual or more formal look.

All of the designs in this book are wonderfully done and the photography is very clear. The designs in this book are fairly easy to work, so that beginners can do them. There are also plenty to challenge the more experienced beaders.

The last part of this book is basic techniques. These techniques are off-loom. The stitches of peyote, brick, square, right-angle weave, herringbone, and covered plus with full instructions for fringing and finishing.

I love this part of the book. The directions here are the best in this book. I wish the projects were as detailed. Some of the projects were a little hard to follow.

You can do so many more designs than 100 with this book. You can put your own variations to them or just change the color. One of the designs I made was originally a necklace, but I made it a bracelet instead. It looked really nice. Just learning the different stitches can often open so many new project ideas. For example the peyote spirals, can be dangle earrings. The flat circular peyote stitch, can make a nice pendant and if you keep going on that herringbone stitch,you could end up with a nice bracelet.

Stephanie has shown many ways to bring together a diverse collection. You can see her love of embellishment, color and texture in all of her designs.

So, all in all, I do recommend this book. I have made many of the projects in this book, but with my own twist. Beaded Jewelry Designs is in my bead book library.
  Beadweaver | Sep 17, 2008 |

Presents one hundred designs for beaded necklaces, bracelets, brooches, and earrings, with step-by-step instructions for various beading techniques and tips for working with various materials.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,083,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible