Princess Pigsty by Cornelia Funke

Princess Pigsty

by Cornelia Funke

202986,737 (3.82)1

Princess Isabella is tired of being the typical princess. She wants to play outside, have fun, and go wild! She's cooped up all day learning how to smile right, laugh right, and one day she throws away her crown and says enough. Her father isn't very happy with his daughter's decision. She refuses to get her crown back from where it landed so the king decides to send her to the kitchens and then to the pigsty. Every day that passes by her knowledge and love grows for everything outside of the castle. She embraces her new name - Princess Pigsty.

Of course I loved how rebellious and independent Isabella was. She held steadfast to who she was not caring what others thought about her. Many girls can see a great example in Isabella to not let anyone hold you back from who you want to be. I didn't feel this was too short like I usually feel with picture books. It's a picture book that can be enjoyed by anyone. I liked how the illustrations were created. It's kind of haphazard in a very good way since the story is how it is. All in all this was a very sweet story about a girl who stuck to what she wanted. It worked out for everyone in the end. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
This book is such a cute and quirky spin on the idea of standing out and breaking stereotypes. In this book, the princess decides that she does not want to act like her sisters and instead wants to do things deemed unacceptable for princesses. As a punishment, her father sticks her in the kitchen and the pig pen, where she actually thrives. It is a fun way to see how being yourself can be the best thing, even when others don't believe it. ( )
  AbigaildeKrafft | Apr 11, 2017 |
Young Princess Isabella has it all - but has had enough of of being treated like a princess. Hilarity ensues when a punishment back fires.
  Jennifer LeGault | Oct 17, 2016 |
What a wonderful story about one of three sister princesses who just hates being a boring pretty princess. Her father the king tries to punish her by making her help in the kitchen and pig pin but turns out princess Isabella loves doing the work. They do compromise in the end. I loved this story with a strong female character and loving father. The illustrations could be better but they do move the story along. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
This story was about three young girls who had everything they ever wanted. The girl pigs were the towns princess and had people wait on them hand and foot. One of the main princess pigs was named Isabella, and she always seemed to get into trouble. She really didn't like the princess lifestyle, she wanted to do things for herself. Isabella was also seen as a tomboy, she would help clean the pig pins, and feed them. She would even rife the pigs. I can relate to Isabella because when I was a little girl, I was a huge tomboy. I always wanted to hangout with my brother, and play with him and his friends. I never much for the barbie dollars and playing dress up. ( )
  Analley | Mar 3, 2015 |

Cornelia Funkeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Meyer, KerstenIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wright, ChantalTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Tired of being a princess, the youngest of three sisters throws her crown out the window and finds happiness working in the royal kitchen and pigsty.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,763,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible