Your First Quilt Book (or it should be!) by…

Your First Quilt Book (or it should be!)

by Carol Doak

I loved this book. I received it and thumbed through to get a feel for it and ended up reading instead of skimming through it... The directions are so easy to understand and the list of things you need to get started was perfect!! She includes tips and most common mistakes and I just love it. I also love the fact this book is for quilters of any level of experience or none at all, which it ME. I also love the fact the directions are for sewing machine quilting or hand quilting which is what I want to do. She doesn't simply tell you what tools you need but how to use them and the better ones to but and where you can buy them.... I love this book... ( )
  denisa.howe | Apr 17, 2013 |
This is the first book I have my students purchase for beginning quilting. The directions are clear and concise and it is intended to help the beginner with their basic skills. It is not intended to be used for a quilt pattern but rather to understand how to take a block, make it the size you need, and how to produce it with accuracy. The directions are made even more clear with very good illustrations. ( )
  suzannehuston | Jan 16, 2010 |
Very competent introduction for the absolute beginner. I got a lot of great tips from this book and still use it as a reference now and then. Read it slowly and be patient; it's a really good book to learn from. ( )
  bostonbibliophile | Oct 5, 2009 |
It wasn't that the instructions where clear, or that everything I wanted to know was explained that impressed me with this book. No, it was that the jokes are actually funny. The colours of the sample quilts and the cartoony drawings aren't as up to date as they could be but the information is.

As an absolute beginner I'd liked to have had more information on different types of blocks and a clue as to how big my quilt is supposed to be but everything else is s comprehensive I don't think I care. ( )
  Staramber | Sep 21, 2008 |

Intended for beginners, this volume offers an introduction to the tools, supplies, and techniques used in quilting, featuring eight small projects which utilize hand- or machine-stitching skills.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,569,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible