Double Take by Catherine Coulter
Recently added byprivate library, Rena37, nrmay, AuntMickie, TML-Hancock

Double take starts off where point blank left off. You follow Dix Nobel and Ruth on the search for what really happened to his wife. The main storyline for Double take however is that of Julia Ransome and Chaney Stone, who meet outside peir 39 when agent Stone saves Mrs. Ransome's life. Now the hunt is on for the man who tried to kill Julia, and the question is asked, does it have anything to do with the murder of her psychic husband six months before. I have not been so interested and excited about a Sherlock, Savich mystery since hemlock bay and the maze. With its cast of psychics and killer for hire it makes for a fascinating read!!! ( )
  Buffy-Tinkes | Sep 11, 2012 |
Julia Ransom didn't murder her wealthy, famous, much older husband. But the police think she did. When someone tries to stab her and throws her off Pier 39, only the quick action of FBI agent Cheney Stone saves her.

Meanwhile, Virginia Sheriff Dixon Noble has just learned his wife, missing three years, has an eerily similar double. Dix and FBI agent Ruth Warnecki have become much more than friends since his wife's disappearance - but is his wife actually alive and living a new life?

So begins a complex and convoluted story spanning states and decades, and complete with car chases, explosions, and surprisingly, no sex. Coulter's signature punchy dialogue and intricate plotting make this an entertaining, if somewhat predictable read. ( )
  SunnySD | May 16, 2012 |
Great Plot Great Story.

Catherine Coulters FBI series have been one of my favorite mystery reads, and Double Take didn't disappoint me. I thought the story fit well within the series. I will admit that The Cove was one of my favorites. In Double Take I did like the fact that Ms. Coulter put characters in the story from a previous book. The plot was great and I enjoyed the book and highly recommend it. ( )
  CharlieWiles | Jan 13, 2011 |
Plenty of Exciting Scenes and more!

Sometimes I enjoy fast paced thrillers, but when I want a well-thought out mystery novels then I read a book by Catherine Coulter. I have enjoyed her FBI series books with Sherlock and Dillon and in "Double Take" is was good to see Cheney and Dix make their return after appearing in Point Blank, which happens to be one of my favorites.

Overall, I didn't think this was one of Ms. Coulter's best books. I had a hard time keeping track of the characters and almost got to the point of keeping a score card as to "who" was "who". For me this "family tree" of characters caused a lot frustration on my part. However, let me say that mid-way through the book the story moved along at a brisk pace giving me plenty of exciting scenes. Soon, I found myself reading page and page until I finished it. Except for a few "kinks" in the story Catherine Coulter didn't disappoint me in this terrific story. And as always I look forward to reading her next novel. ( )
  loveseabooks | Dec 22, 2010 |
Charl 2010 FBI good story familar characters.
  pcalsdorf | Aug 3, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 051514469X, Mass Market Paperback)

AN FBI THRILLER? FIRST TIME IN PAPERBACK

FBI agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock are joined by one of their own and a Virginia sheriff in an extraordinary case that immerses them in the world of psychic visions, mind benders, and communications with the dead.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:01 -0400)

Wedding planner Mac doesn't think Carger Maguire is her type, but there's something about him that can take her mind off bridezillas. With the help of her three best friends, Mac starts to learn to make her way to her own happy ending.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,445,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible