Why I Jumped by Tina Zahn

Why I Jumped

by Tina Zahn

If you have ever battled with depression, then you will identify with this woman. So many people have felt this way, yet they never tried to do anything about it. If they did, the people around them didn't understand. Great read!!
  angela.k.winters | Jun 23, 2012 |
I couldn't put this one down, with each turn of the page I wanted to know the rest of her story. I think what really pulled me into this book was her story of survival, and her faith in God. ( )
  punkeymonkey529 | Aug 26, 2010 |

On July 19, 2004, an amazing story, accompanied by incredible video footage, broke across network and cable news programs. After a high-speed chase to the top of Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge in Green Bay, Wisconsin, a young woman stopped, calmly stepped out of her car, walked to the edge of the bridge--and jumped. State trooper Les Boldt raced over, thrust out his hand, and in a miracle of timing and determination, snagged the woman's wrist as she started the plunge. Other officers ran to his aid, and they pulled the woman to safety while the on-dash police cam captured the action. That woman on the edge was Tina Zahn, and in Why I Jumped she tells her story for the first time. In this gripping book, readers are given a glimpse of what led to such severe depression that suicide seemed the only answer. Readers won't be able to put down this powerful, true story of postpartum depression, dramatic rescue, and a return to hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:02 -0400)

On July 19, 2004, an amazing video broke across news programs. After a high-speed chase to the top of the Tower Drive Bridge in Green Bay, Wisconsin, a young woman stopped, walked to the edge of the bridge--and jumped. A state trooper raced over, and in a miracle of timing and determination, snagged the woman's wrist as she started the plunge. Other officers ran to his aid, and they pulled the woman to safety while the police cam captured the action. Here, that woman tells her story, giving us a glimpse of what led to such deep depression that suicide seemed the only answer. From abuse and rejection in her childhood to severe postpartum depression after the birth of her second child, Tina has overcome incredible odds to get where she is today.--From publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible