The Inquisitor by Gayle Wilson

The Inquisitor

by Gayle Wilson

Overall a good story, easy to read and fast-paced. However, I found a few of the characters lacking in depth. We’re told that the bad guy - “The Inquisitor” - does horrible things to his victims but this is only vaguely touched upon. We never learn much about him or what drives him. Jenna, one of the lead characters, seems to have had problems relating to men in her past, though we never learn why or if that is even true. The story seems to glide on the surface, without ever digging too deeply.

A major distraction for me was the author’s use of the word obvious (or obviously). At times it would appear twice on one page, for five or six pages at a time. It became so distracting that I found myself counting how many times the word appeared.

The plot is interesting. Sean, the lead male character, is well developed. This is one of those light reads that doesn’t require a lot of commitment for the reader. ( )
  Darcia | Oct 7, 2009 |
I didn't like this book. I realize that I have started it previously and read about 50 pages and put it down. this time I read about 130 pages, then jumped to the last 70, and didn't feel compelled to go back and read how I got there. And I just didn't care enough about either Jenna the psychologist, or Sean, the tortured ranger who is out to avenge his sister. Neither of them felt particularly three dimensional to me, and the crime and villian wasn't anything special either. Gayle Wilson started out as a straight romance writer (I'm not familiar with her there either) but she shows the weakness that I feel a lot of romance writers do when they cross into thrillers - their mystery segment isn't strong enough but it does manage to dilute their romance component, so the whole thing feels half baked. At least that's how it felt to me. i won't be looking for more of her thrillers. ( )
  amf0001 | Jul 17, 2009 |
The serial murderer dubbed the Inquisitor has already killed over a dozen women in various cities, and the authorities haven't a clue to his identity. He is organized, methodical and certain to kill again. And now he's set his sights on Birmingham psychologist Jenna Kincaid.

Convinced that the Inquisitor killed his only sister, ex-army Ranger Sean Murphy has been hunting for him with one thing in mind: revenge. If his instincts are right, Jenna Kincaid will lead him to his prey.

But Jenna has gotten to Sean in a way that no one has in a very long time. And now he's desperate to keep her safe - because the madman is taking a terrifying pleasure in the game unfolding. And if the killer wins, it's Jenna who will pay the ultimate price....
  DunnFunKat | Sep 17, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 077832320X, Mass Market Paperback)

An expert in the art of killing

Convinced that the Inquisitor killed his only sister, ex-army Ranger Sean Murphy has been hunting for him with one thing in mind: revenge. If his instincts are right, Jenn Kincaid will lead him to his prey.

But Jenna has gotten to Sean in a way that no one has in a very long time. And now he's desperate to keep her safe -- because the madman is taking a terrifying pleasure in the game unfolding. And if the killer wins, it's Jenn who will pay the ultimate price . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:21 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,016,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible