Season of Secrets by Marta Perry

Season of Secrets

by Marta Perry

30None367,255 (4.3)None

No reviews
For now we see in a mirror, darkly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know full, even as I am known.
     ---I Corinthians 13:12
This story is dedicated to my granddaughter, Greta Nicole Wulff, with much love from Grammy. And, as always, to Brian.
"Why is he coming back now?"
    Aunt Kate put her morning cup of Earl Grey back in the saucer as she asked the question for what had to be the twentieth time since they'd heard the news, her faded blue eyes puckered with distress. December sunlight streamed through the lace curtains on the bay window in the breakfast room, casting into sharp relief the veins that stood out on her hand, pressed to the polished tabletop.
    "I don't know, Aunt Kate."

As a teenager, Dinah Westlake had witnessed the murder of her pregnant cousin, but a concussion blocked her memories of that night. Now, ten years later, her cousin's widower, Marc Devlin, had returned to Charleston to give his young son a true Southern Christmas. It was a chance to make amends in a family torn apart by the tragedy--and the suspicion that Marc was responsible for his wife's demise. But when several dangerous "accidents" occurred amid the colorful holiday celebrations, Dinah's recollections of that past dark night began to resurface. Would she discover a killer inside the man she'd grown to love?--From Content Reserve screen.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,016,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible