Some Explicit Polaroids by Mark Ravenhill

Some Explicit Polaroids

by Mark Ravenhill

Some old-school in-yer-face theater to remind me that theater doesn't have to stay up in the clouds. The play fits in the same shelf as stuff like LaBute and McDonagh - it's got something to say and it's going to say it in a way that feels like a gut-punch. Unfortunately, Ravenhill never quite takes the arguments anywhere. He says that you can't stay an angry young man your whole life and that connection is essential... but most of the thoughts I had about the play made me feel like I need to see it in order to see if it was something actually in the play or if it was just my mind jumping off from this starting point.

A few more thoughts on the same vein at Raging Biblioholism: http://wp.me/pGVzJ-lj ( )
  drewsof | Jul 9, 2013 |

From the celebrated and controversial writer of Shopping and Fucking

Some Explicit Polaroids premiered at the New Ambassadors Theatre, London in October 1999 in a production directed by Max Stafford-Clark for Out of Joint, prior to a national tour.

"There are few stage authors writing more interestingly than Mark Ravenhill . . . He is - it is now yet more evident - a searing, intelligent, disturbing sociologist with a talent for satirical dialogue and a flair for sexual sensationalism" (Financial Times)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:37 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,745,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible