Eyes and Ears by Seymour Simon

Eyes and Ears

by Seymour Simon

784154,388 (4)None

School Library Journal 10/1/2004

Simply written but absorbing explanations of the major components and functions of these sensory organs are accompanied by stunning photographs and crisp drawings. For browsers and report writers alike.
  AConiff | Jul 20, 2011 |
The book Eyes and Ears by Seymour Simon is about the structure of our ears and eyes. This book goes through the functional processes of ears and eyes. The large font makes it easy to read, but it is not that interesting. I would guess a 5th grade reading level. This book would serve its purpose if we were doing a project on ears and eyes, but other than that I would not choose this book for a read aloud or independent reading. I would definitely chose this book if I were doing a science lesson. The website I attached would be a fun art and craft to enhance our usage of our ears. ( )
  medebrielle | Feb 24, 2010 |
This is a good science book because it can show you all of the cool things about eyes and ears during this particular science unit.
  LaurenGodwin | Nov 16, 2009 |
I decided to read this book because my sister wears hearing aids because she is 75% deaf. I'm very fascinated with the ear and have learned a lot from my sister. This book shows the anatomy of the eyes and ears and how people use them though their brain.
  inglesby | Dec 8, 2008 |

Seymour Simon has written over 200 award-winning science books about animals, anatomy, astronomy, earth science, and vehicles!

Six tiny muscles hold each eyeball steady in the sockets of your head. The ears contain the three smallest bones in the body: the hammer, anvil, and stirrup. In addition to hearing, ears help you to keep your balance. Without the brain, we wouldn’t be able to see or hear.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:37 -0400)

Describes the anatomy of the eye and ear, how those organs function and some ways in which they may malfunction, and how the brain is also involved in our seeing and hearing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible