My Book Box by Will Hillenbrand

My Book Box

by Will Hillenbrand

"My Book Box" is a fiction book highlighting how fun reading/books can be. I enjoyed this book because I think that the pictures are appropriate for the age group being targeted by this book. This book discuses how fun it would be to make a book box that can be taken around the house and how by reading the books inside the main character can act out the stories using the box. Therefore having the main character being a cute elephant will play to the young children reading this book. I also enjoy how simple the writing is in this book, cVc words that match the descriptive pictures will defiantly help young readers comprehend this book.
  jessclark | Oct 2, 2016 |
Elephant and frog demonstrate various ways a box can be used. In the end elephant realizes that the best way to use a box is to keep books in it for night time reading.
  MarthaL | Apr 5, 2010 |
Elephant brings us through a series of different uses for a box. He is creative and insightful when thinking of his "creation." He finally ends up making a box for his books and he is pleased.
  christivance | Apr 16, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152020292, Hardcover)

What can you do with a box? You can make a bug box or a hatbox or a hide-and-seek box. But just imagine all the fun and adventure you can have with a book box. You can explore the world and beyond! That's just what a creative little elephant discovers. And with the help of his frog friend, there’s no limit to where they can go.

Popular author-illustrator Will Hillenbrand has created an ingenious tale about the wonderful world a child enters within the pages of a book in this unique celebration of reading and the power of books.

Includes instructions for making a book box.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:28 -0400)

A determined elephant creates his own book box and discovers all the magic and fun of books and reading.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible