My Little Yellow Taxi by Stephen T. Johnson

My Little Yellow Taxi

by Stephen T. Johnson

202515,329 (4.4)None

This book is a interactive children's book. It gives a chronological account of a taxi driver's preparing process to start his/her day. The exercises while reading the book allows the child to feel like they are helping the driver do things such as check the oil, check the meter, check the windshield wipers, etc. There is also a lesson on shapes and signs. I would highly recommend this book to teachers who want to teach their kids about different professions. ( )
  nseugene | Feb 15, 2017 |
I picked this book because it looked very interesting and I was curious about what a children's book would say about a taxi. As I opened the book I realized that it was more than a book about a taxi. This book teaches the readers about multiple aspects of maintaining a car. I absolutely loved the simplicity of the book and its personification. For instance, it stated , " First, I fill up my taxi with gasoline. Gasoline gets my taxi going- and makes it very happy." I thought this personification was absolutely adorable. i also feel like this book is so informational that it blows my mind. This book shows children a gas handle and informs them that the car takes gasoline. Then it talks about checking the oil so that the motor works. personally, I didn't know how or where to check my oil until I got my first car, three years ago. The fact that this book teaches its readers so much about cars is amazing. I feel like even though , this is a children's book, many people a lot older may not know these simple aspects to maintaining a car. This book is beneficial for children to read because whether or not they will have a car in the future, they will always know this information. ( )
  kristeen1995 | Jan 31, 2017 |

Caldecott Honor artist Stephen T. Johnson puts kids in the driver's seat with this irresistible companion to the bestselling My Little Red Toolbox. With sixteen interactive features at their fingertips, eager young drivers will learn just what it takes to get their taxi ready to roll: The mirror needs to be adjusted, the oil needs to be checked, the engine needs to be started . . . and there's lots more to do! As an added bonus, a clock on each page counts down the minutes, introducing the concept of telling time. And with its sturdy construction, this taxi is built to be "driven" again and again. Fasten your seat belt and get ready for fun!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible