When You Are Happy by Eileen Spinelli

When You Are Happy

by Eileen Spinelli

This book is full of actions that describe the nature of loving and caring about people in our lives. I enjoyed how for every situation the unconditional love from family was there, so it can a great book to recommend as reading at home (parent-child). This story can connect the child to the family members.
It was just a sweet reminder of how every child deserves to be happy and loved. If it is not the case, this book made me think deeply of how I can be a support for children that need to feel safe, loved and happy (at least when they are in my classroom). ( )
  Maria.Vasquez | Sep 17, 2017 |
This book tells the story of all the different ways people who care for us are able to comfort us in all of our different moods. Each page goes through a different emotion and says how to comfort you when you are that emotion. This book is able to touch a very warm place in your heart with only very few words. The heartfelt messages of consideration show honest and true love for other human beings. Overall I thought this was a very touching book and would be great to read to any student in distress. ( )
  cejones4 | May 3, 2017 |
When You Are Happy, is a book about a little girl who has a family member that helps her through every emotion/feeling that she is going through. I like the way she talks about each emotion and HOW her family member is there for her to get through it or feel the same way she does. ( )
  Neshia.Rowe | Oct 20, 2016 |
She talks about love. And how love plays into every action. Love can be forever.
  j.mcneil | Dec 1, 2015 |
This book is about no matter what you are in that your family will always be there for you.

Ages 3-8
  chris44615 | Nov 30, 2015 |

When you are afraid
I will take your hand

and not let go--

In this delightful and lyrical text by renowned children's author Eileen Spinelli, a young girl finds reassurance from all of her family members and learns that love complements every mood. Coupled with dazzling art by illustrator Geraldo Valério, her words become a beautiful reminder of the care and comforts of unconditional love.

When you are afraid

I will take your hand

and not let go--

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:21 -0400)

A young child learns that love complements every mood.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,446,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible