Shhh! by Jeanne Willis

I so totally empathize with the shrew's frustration, but I don't have his strength of will. I do agree; a quiet world would indeed be a much more peaceful one. Please heed the advice of this story, at least for a few minutes a day. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
In this book a shrew is trying to tell the world a secret, but no one can hear because everyone is so loud. However, at the end he finally gets to tell him. The secret is peace...peace and quiet! ( )
  hart0521 | Apr 4, 2015 |
Although I am not sure, I suspect the shhh sound is universal in its implications. When I first read that the important message was the secret to world peace, I was completely captivated. I wondered how would this author take on something so big in a way that it would make sense to a child? The simplicity in the answer if everyone should be quiet and listen was perfect. This is a simple story that gives a big message that we all need to be reminded of. ( )
  lvalido | Sep 24, 2013 |
This book shows the journey of a shrew that has news to share. Unfortunately the world is to noisy for him to get his message out. The book depicts the shrew trying different areas to tell his news, but each area is more and more noisier. In the end you are able to understand that the real message is that silence equals peace. You learn the message is “that is the secret or so I’ve heard” or the lack of hearing anything.
This books message is to bring awareness to noise pollution. I liked it and thought the illustrations were very interesting and beautiful. ( )
  BrittanyH | Dec 5, 2010 |

Everyone is talking too loud, and moving too fast. But no one seems to hear what`s being said. What to do? A well-dressed shrew has all the answers. Just be still and listen... `One, two, three... Shhh! `

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:44 -0400)

Shows that actions, even silence, can make a difference.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,144,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible