Cobwebs by Karen Romano Young
543218,071 (3)1

I read this in middle school. I stumbled upon it along with a few others books that I am very glad I found. It was not like anything I had read before, but that was part of the magic, I had no idea what to expect when I agreed to start this book, and was very pleased with the result! Beautiful, unique, and shows a perspective I had never really considered, the perspective of a spider!

For Full Review click Here ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
I think the idea for this book was great, but unfortunately the author didn't develop the characters or story line as much as i think she could have done. I was often confused by the style of writing because it kept jumping from one idea to another that was completely different, and made me unable to follow the story clearly. The climax of the book was especially confusing and left me feeling disappointed. I can't say that i would recommend this book, but I did talk to a friend who absolutely loved it, so I guess everyone will have a different opinion. ( )
  nvrlvedurmind | Nov 6, 2008 |
Cobwebs by Karen Romano Young - I really liked this book! Highly recommended! Nancy had a lot to deal with in her strange family. Her mother stays in their basement apartment, her father walks the roofs, her grandparents are ailing but still make mysterious visits to strangers. What is Nancy's place in her family? What are her talents (hint: she knits!) And who is that mysterious boy? ( )
  sara_k | Oct 7, 2007 |

The pattern will change . . .
because I am here.

A girl walks across the Brooklyn Bridge, a backpack full of knitting slung over her shoulder, a green fish kite in her hand.

A boy balances on the bridge's crisscross webbing, waiting for the girl to pass.

Are they angels? Spiders? In love? Or in danger? Once they connect, they'll start a chain of events that could stretch out smoothly like the river below them -- or become knotted like a tangled web of spider silk.

I can do this. (Maybe.)
Climb the wall. (Just like the other time.)
Don't think twice. (Yeah, right.)
Leap for it. (Only as far as absolutely necessary.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:20 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Nancy enjoys the colorful ethnic mix of her heritage in several different Brooklyn households, not suspecting how very strange that heritage is.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,739,788 books! | Top bar: Always visible