Sing, Pierrot, Sing: A Picture Book in Mime…

Sing, Pierrot, Sing: A Picture Book in Mime

by Tomie dePaola

This story is for once not written by Tomie depaola but illustrated only. It is a story without words. The story is about a Pierrot that is in love. He can’t help but think of this women. He does all kinds of things to convince her of his love. For example, he writes her a song, and picks her a rose. When he goes to sing her the song, he finds out that she has already moved on. He hands her the rose, only for her “partner” to throw it back at him. The adults thing this is funny and laugh at him, but the children look sad when he was sad. Later in the story, the children encourage Pierrot to sing the song regardless. He sings the song and all the children join him. I think that though he did not find love with the women of his dreams, he found a different kind of love with the children. A book without words, yet there was such a wonderful story behind it. The illustrations made it easy to be able to tell what is going on throughout the story and how the characters were feeling. I would highly recommend this book for others. ( )
  Diana_94 | Mar 21, 2016 |
VOYA Q4 P3- Outstanding art, understandable narrative, a little anti-climactic. ( )
  darlingdumpling | Apr 16, 2012 |
Pierrot seeks out his love but does not know that she is already committed to someone else. When he finds out he is devastated and sulks on the moon until some children see him and show him affection. ( )
  claire.cavell | Feb 26, 2012 |
In this sweet picture tale, Pierrot is heartbroken, and is all alone. His community calls on him to come back from the moon and sing with them. This book as no words. For a reading lesson, I would show my students the book first, all of us in silence. I would then go back, and have my students tell me what is going on in the page. This is a great way to see if they can pick up on body language, and context clues. What I love in the end of the story is how the children called him down to sing and cheered him up. My students can learn to always be sensitive and caring for their peer's feelings. ( )
  jenvid | Sep 29, 2011 |
This was a wonderful wordless picture book about the dreams of a mime. The story is told with wonderful illustrations in renaissance style. ( )
  paulaanweiler | Sep 18, 2011 |

Simple Pierrot dreams of his saucy sweetheart Columbine in this original story featuring the traditional comic characters.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:34 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible