Island of Glass (Guardians Trilogy) by Nora…

Island of Glass (Guardians Trilogy) (edition 2016)

by Nora Roberts (Author)

Member:no1bookaddict
Title:Island of Glass (Guardians Trilogy)
Authors:Nora Roberts (Author)
Info:Berkley (2016), 352 pages
Collections:Your library, Read

Island of Glass (Guardians Trilogy) by Nora Roberts

In Island of Glass, our story continues with our six guardians, who travel to Doyle’s and Bran’s home in Ireland. Doyle has some bittersweet moments that he has to face of his past, of losing his brother and losing everyone he has ever loved over the years. This is where they are on the final leg of their journey and their battle again the evil goddess.

This is Doyle and Riley’s book, and I admit I wasn’t sure how I would feel about it. These two aren’t my favorite characters of the six, and I hadn’t really felt much of their chemistry in the previous two books so I was curious to see how this book would play out their romance. And it wasn’t what I was wanting, I did feel like it was a bit lacking at times, but they did have some stunning moments that I loved though. Doyle and Riley have more alpha like characteristics. They are both fights, leaders and are badass. So they have many personality traits in common. Riley is our shifter of the group, but she is more open to love than Doyle is. She views Doyle as her potential mate, but she also knows that Doyle isn’t wanting anything serious.

However weary he might be of life after three centuries of it, he was more weary of witnessing death.

Doyle has closed off his heart completely. He has been alone for a long time and has watched everyone he has loved die over the years, so it makes sense he wouldn’t want to lose Riley either. But I did feel like their relationship had some disjointed moments at times but I will say they create fireworks in the bedroom. Probably the hottest sex scenes in the trilogy is in this book. Which makes sense in some ways, since these two are the strongest and no gentle loving when having sex. But I did want more from their story, more emotional intimacy that I found lacking at times.

The plot of the story was simply just as wonderful as the previous two books. There is adventure, suspense, trickery of the mind, and an evil goddess that is to be defeated and boy what a ENDING!! It was so satisfying and fulfilled me in every way. I just love seeing good win over evil and this one packed a punch.

Overall I had a blast with this trilogy, in seeing the growth and unity of these six individuals and seeing a intriguing and intense story play out which some great adventures, captivating characters and a stunning story I won’t soon forget! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2019 |
This is the final book in the Guardians Trilogy.
I loved this book and the trilogy. I only wish there were more of them! ( )
  JillKenna | Aug 19, 2017 |
This is the final book in the Guardians Trilogy. The guardians are on a quest to find the Ice Star hidden by three goddesses eons ago. The star must be found and restored to the goddesses in order to save the world from the clutches of an evil goddess who wants to destroy all that is good. To this end Riley, a Lucan and Doyle, an immortal, are joined by a witch, a traveler, a seer and a mermaid. They travel to the coast of Clare, Ireland for this last search, staying on the land that was Doyle's home over 300 years ago. They train and plan for the end of their quest. This was a fun series. A very light quick read. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Jul 10, 2017 |
Island of Glass is the final entry in the Guardian's Trilogy featuring Riley and Doyle. Riley who is the lycan and Doyle, the immortal. Both must face the demons of their past to proceed on to their future which is to finally face and kill Nerezza. To find love, each must realize their need for each other even though their time together is limited.
This is another great ending in one of Nora Roberts' trilogies. As always, the characters must come to terms with their own internal conflicts to defeat those external ones that threaten their lives and the lives of the ones they love. These trilogies are always emotional, fun, and filled with excitement and this one is no exception. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
Left with one couple after the previous two books, it was obvious that the Werewolf and the Immortal Warrior were going to end up together. The story is mostly focussed about the 6 learning how to work together and become a team. The final conflict felt a little rushed but overall I enjoyed the read and the characters. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 7, 2017 |

The final Guardians Trilogy novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Bay of Sighs and Stars of Fortune.

As the hunt for the Star of Ice leads the six guardians to Ireland, Doyle, the immortal, must face his tragic past. Three centuries ago, he closed off his heart, yet his warrior spirit is still drawn to the wild. And there’s no one more familiar with the wild than Riley—and the wolf within her...

An archaeologist, Riley is no stranger to the coast of Clare, but now she finds herself on unsure footing, targeted by the dark goddess who wants more than the stars, more than the blood of the guardians. While searching through Irish history for clues that will lead them to the final star and the mysterious Island of Glass, Riley must fight her practical nature and admit her sudden attraction to Doyle is more than just a fling. For it is his strength that will sustain her and give her the power to run towards love—and save them all...

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 25 May 2016 13:39:22 -0400)

"As the hunt for the Star of Ice leads the six guardians to Ireland, Doyle, the immortal, must face his tragic past. Three centuries ago, he closed off his heart, yet his warrior spirit is still drawn to the wild. And there's no one more familiar with the wild than Riley-- and the wolf within her. An archaeologist, Riley is no stranger to the coast of Clare, but now she finds herself on unsure footing, targeted by the dark goddess who wants more than the stars, more than the blood of the guardians"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,498,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible