Iron Man: The Gauntlet by Eoin Colfer

Iron Man: The Gauntlet (edition 2016)

by Eoin Colfer (Author), Owen Richardson (Illustrator), Marvel Press Artist (Illustrator)

Tony Stark is known throughout the world as many things: billionaire, inventor, Avenger. But mainly for being the Invincible Iron Man. Just when Tony is about to add his pizzazz to an international eco-summit in Ireland, someone close to him forces him to question his role in making the world a more dangerous place with his high-tech weaponry. But Stark doesn't have much time to reflect before an old enemy presents him with an even greater challenge: the assassination of all the eco-ministers, and Iron Man himself. Just how invincible Iron Man is when he is stripped of everything remains to be seen.… (more)
Member:tmoore318
Title:Iron Man: The Gauntlet
Authors:Eoin Colfer (Author)
Other authors:Owen Richardson (Illustrator), Marvel Press Artist (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel Press (2016), 288 pages
Tags:to-read

Iron Man: The Gauntlet by Eoin Colfer

Plenty of action and big, explosive fights with a minimal body count, a solid Stark characterization, and lots of snarky humor. An easy give to your superhero fans, but it also has a great friendship between Iron Man and a brainy teenage girl, so possibly also a good fit for quirky buddy comedy fans. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
I'd never read a book by Eoin Colfer, but I knew of his teenish books, still, I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Although I have really liked the Middle Grade books that Marvel/Disney has started writing for the heroes.

I wondered how he would get the Tony character, right or wrong, etc. And I thought that for the most part he got the characterizations pretty well spot on.

Tony is on his way to an environtmental conference, chatting with his suit's AI Friday when everything goes topsy turvey. He winds up being kidnapped by a teenager and then gets pulled into an evil plot hatched by the Mandarin. It also involves the environmental summitt as well as the Iron Man Suit, just not with Tony in it.

The Mandarin takes on Tony one on one a couple of times and that was sorta interesting, and of course Tony also has to figure out how to save all those who are at the summitt.

In his travels he meets many interesting people while lurching around the UK and they were all awesomely and uniquely written.

The story even had some twists and turns that I didn't see coming. And there were interesting connections with both comics and the movies, although it also didn't how to just one of the Universes. It was its own Universe, which was cool.

It was a pretty awesome YAish comic novel, and I do hope that maybe Colfer will do another book in the Marvel Universe.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of Disney Book Group ( )
  DanieXJ | Dec 11, 2016 |
For Seán, as promised
Tony Stark paced the lacquered wooden floor outside his father's office, chewing one stick of gum after another.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,719,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible