Bare bones : I'm not lonely if you're…

Bare bones : I'm not lonely if you're reading this book (edition 2016)

by Bobby Bones

Member:AFaith
Title:Bare bones : I'm not lonely if you're reading this book
Authors:Bobby Bones
Info:New York, NY : Dey St., an imprint of William Morrow Publishers, [2016]
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:to-read, GRimport

Bare Bones: I'm Not Lonely If You're Reading This Book by Bobby Bones

I am a huge fan of the Bobby Bones show, Bobby, and the others on the show. I have been wanting to read his book for a while now, so I was excited to find it at a great price. Even though I bought the book, I ended up listening to the audiobook. I highly recommend it as Bobby is the narrator!

If you listen to the show, you gets bits and pieces about Bobby and his past. Several stories in the book have been told during the show, but he does go into a little more detail in the book. He is pretty closed off about certain things, so I think this book helps you understand him so much better. I loved how vulnerable he was as he shares his story.

My only complaint is that it was too short. I am happy that he another book coming out, as I want to read more.

Overall, if you love the show I think you will love this. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Mar 23, 2018 |

A touching, funny, heart-wrenching, and triumphant memoir from one of the biggest names in radio, the host of The Bobby Bones Show, one of the most listened-to drive time morning radio shows in the nation.

Growing up poor in Mountain Pine, Arkansas, with a young, addicted mom, Bobby Estell fell in love with country music. Abandoned by his father at the age of five, Bobby saw the radio as his way out—a dream that came true in college when he went on air at the Henderson State University campus station broadcasting as Bobby Bones, while simultaneously starting The Bobby Bones Show at 105.9 KLAZ. Bobby’s passions were pop, country music, and comedy, and he blended the three to become a tastemaker in the country music industry, heard by millions daily. Bobby broke the format of standard country radio, mixing country and pop with entertainment news and information, and has interviewed some of the biggest names in the business, including Luke Bryan, Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum, and Jason Aldean.

Yet despite the glamour, fame, and money, Bobby has never forgotten his roots, the mom and grandmother who raised him, the work ethic he embraced which saved him and encouraged him to explore the world, and the good values that shaped him. In this funny, poignant memoir told in Bobby’s distinctive patter, he takes fans on a tour of his road to radio. Bobby doesn’t shy away from the curves he continues to navigate—including his obsessive-compulsive disorder—on his journey to find the happiness of a healthy family.

Funny and tender, raw and honest, Bare Bones is pure Bobby Bones—surprising, entertaining, inspiring, and authentic.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jun 2016 17:38:46 -0400)

Growing up poor in Mountain Pine, Arkansas, with a young, addicted mom, Bobby Estell fell in love with country music. Abandoned by his father at the age of five, Bobby saw the radio as his way out--a dream that came true in college when he went on air at the Henderson State University campus station broadcasting as Bobby Bones, while simultaneously starting The Bobby Bones Show at 105.9 KLAZ. Bobby's passions were pop, country music, and comedy, and he blended the three to become a tastemaker in the country music industry, heard by millions daily. Bobby broke the format of standard country radio, mixing country and pop with entertainment news and information, and has interviewed some of the biggest names in the business, including Luke Bryan, Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum, and Jason Aldean. Yet despite the glamour, fame, and money, Bobby has never forgotten his roots, the mom and grandmother who raised him, the work ethic he embraced which saved him and encouraged him to explore the world, and the good values that shaped him. In this funny, poignant memoir told in Bobby's distinctive patter, he takes fans on a tour of his road to radio. Bobby doesn't shy away from the curves he continues to navigate, including his obsessive-compulsive disorder, on his journey to find the happiness of a healthy family.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,633,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible