As Old as Time: A Twisted Tale by Liz…

As Old as Time: A Twisted Tale (edition 2016)

by Liz Braswell (Author)

Member:the1butterfly
Title:As Old as Time: A Twisted Tale
Authors:Liz Braswell (Author)
Info:Disney Press (2016), 496 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Beauty and the Beast, Fairy Tale, Fantasy

As Old as Time by Liz Braswell

Fun book. Talked about Belle's parent. Not great literature, but it is a fun read. Also, since I already knew the characters, it was a comfort book. ( )
  shelbycassie | Aug 5, 2018 |
What an interesting twist on the Beauty and the Beast tale! A fantastic read for Beauty and the Beast lovers such as myself! ( )
  Audriana0202 | Jun 20, 2018 |
A retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It starts like the Disney movie but the ending is different. I liked it--a lot! The main characters are there but there are additional characters who flesh out the story and add dimensions that were not there before. The back story is told more and the characters learn through their flaws and errors. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to more in the series. One for the keeper shelf. ( )
  Sheila1957 | May 26, 2018 |
Apart from the fact that the title now has the song stuck in my head, I really loved this, and I'm definitely curious to see whether I like the others as much. It was a little weird because it was written before the live action movie, which changed things a bit, but it came out afterwards. It was also interesting to see how the story was preserved, how it was changed, and how it questioned the original (like how people felt about the beast and Gaston). I also thought that the storyline with the charmontes and the asylum was a nice addition. ( )
  the1butterfly | Oct 25, 2017 |
I'm surprised to say that this story wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. The beginning was a bit slow and hard to get by (at least for me) as it kept jumping from past to present and made it hard to focus on certain characters or events. However after part 2 in the book everything stuck to the present and made reading a lot easier. Nothing more i can say except I wasn't completely disappointed as I thought I would be. ( )
  LadyBookHermit | Aug 12, 2017 |
MIRROR

I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions.

Whatever I see I swallow immediately,

Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike.

I am not cruel, only truthful‚

The eye of a little god, four-cornered.

Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.

It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long

I think it is part of my heart. But it flickers.

Faces and darkness separate us over and over.

Now I am a lake. A woman bends over me,

Searching my reaches for what she really is.

Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon.

I see her back, and reflect it faithfully.

She rewards me with tears and an agitation of hands.

I am important to her. She comes and goes.

Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness.

In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old woman

Rises toward her day after day, like a terrible fish.

—Sylvia Plath
For my husband, Scott. Without your support, love, and presence these books—and certain days ending in y—would be a whole lot harder.

And a gigantic, fluffy THANK YOU to my editor, Brittany, whose sense of fun and brilliant ideas made over a thousand pages seem to just fly by
—L.B.
Once upon a time in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle.

Belle is a lot of things: smart, resourceful, restless. She longs to escape her poor provincial town for good. She wants to explore the world, despite her father's reluctance to leave their little cottage in case Belle's mother returns -- a mother she barely remembers. Belle also happens to be the captive of a terrifying, angry beast. And that is her primary concern. But when Belle touches the Beast's enchanted rose, intriguing images flood her mind -- images of the mother she believed she would never see again. Stranger still, she sees that her mother is a beautiful Enchantress who cursed the Beast, his castle, and all its inhabitants. Shocked and confused, Belle must work with the Beast to unravel a dark mystery about their families that was twenty-one years in the making. --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible