The Red Book (Caldecott Honor Book) by…

The Red Book (Caldecott Honor Book) (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Barbara Lehman

72820412,878 (4.23)14
Member:kristengross
Title:The Red Book (Caldecott Honor Book)
Authors:Barbara Lehman
Info:Houghton Mifflin Books for Children (2004), Edition: None, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:easy

The Red Book by Barbara Lehman (2004)

This enjoyable book has the ability to remind readers how powerful a book can be. Wordless illustrations provide an opportunity for readers to anticipate the next event and make predictions. ( )
  jcarroll12 | Jul 22, 2014 |
In the first wordless book I have ever been introduced to, a little girl finds a red book that takes her to another place. As we see the cycle continue throughout the text, the reader is reminded of the power of books; they can take you anywhere. This would be great open-ended discussion piece in a classroom. ( )
  KMClark | Jul 17, 2014 |
In this wordless story, a young girl in the city finds a book - a red book - that magically takes her to a new place.

Barbara Lehman uses illustrations to tell a story of what could happen if you believe in the magic of books. ( )
  lbblackwell | Jul 5, 2014 |
This is probably one of the first books I will use as it begs to be talked about. A great choice for setting the discussion nature of our class.

If kids can speak, then they have enough vocabulary to start making sense of the pictures. I'm quite curious to see how different ages of children and even young adults respond to this innovative intriguing text.

Quick reminder: a child find a book that acts a portal to another land/child, and eventually travels through the book. wonderful open ending. ( )
  Desirichter | Jul 3, 2014 |
I loved the deliberated placement of the illustrations and the bright colors. This story reminded me of Flotsam. I liked that it was a story within a story. A little girl finds a book which,, when opened, shows her a child in another location looking back at her. The interaction between the two children is what makes this wordless book so intriguing. It is fanciful but children will use critical thinking skills to predict what will happen next and to interpret the illustrations on the pages. This book will spark classroom discussion. ( )
  SuPendleton | Jun 13, 2014 |
For My Father

This book is about a book. A magical red book without any words. When you turn the pages you’ll experience a new kind of adventure through the power of story.Winning a Caldecott Honor for its illustrations of rare detail and surprise, The Red Book crosses oceans and continents to deliver one girl into a new world of possibility, where a friend she’s never met is waiting. And as with the best of books, at the conclusion of the story, the journey is not over.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:36 -0400)

A book about a book, a magical red book, without any words, and the friendship that develops around it.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,123,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible