Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids: The Everything…

Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids: The Everything Guide for Kids Who Love…

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is great! I've always loved dinosaur books and can see the appeal for both kids and adults here. The dinosaur groupings are organized by the different eras, which I really like. There is even a section for all the non-dinosaurs: reptiles, bugs, birds, etc. The illustrations are well done and each dino has the perfect amount of info in each blurb. Throughout the book are sprinkled odd facts and trivia, as well as actual photos of bones and discoveries.
Possibly not as important, but I really liked the choices of font as well. :) I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in dinosaurs-no matter your age!
I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for a review. I'm pleased to be able to make it a positive one. ( )
  polaritynk | Oct 15, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids is a fantastic reference book for young scientists, treasure hunters, and curiosity seekers. With gorgeous colour illustrations for each dinosaur and an extremely well-organized layout, this book is a great read through-and-through, and also a great reference book if you need to look up a specific dinosaur or an era of dinosaurs. Each entry is simple but with good detail, including how to pronounce the name, when the dinosaur lived, and where it lived. The descriptions are well-written, easy to read and informative. The book also includes some other prehistoric animals like mammals and birds. For younger readers, the pictures are more than enough to make this book worthwhile. For older kids, there is a lot of interesting facts to learn about the dinosaurs. This book would make a perfect addition to a home or school library.
  loewen | Sep 1, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A perfect cover to get my elementary students to pick this up! A friendly "dictionary" format, subdivided by era, each entry includes size and location of the dinosaur, and a paragraph with other fun information. In addition, this has wonderful side 'notes'--paragraphs that include fun facts such as historical notes about various skeletal discoveries, "Can you discover a dinosaur?", "comparing fossils to rocks", and "tracking dinosaurs." Lots of information in short bites and easy to read!! A great addition to our elementary library! ( )
  doggonelaura | Aug 22, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An ideal reference book for youngsters, "Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids" is an illustrated guide to dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.

My 6-year old loves paging through the entries (and asking "How to you pronounce that one?), learning new dinosaur facts while making connections to what he already knows ("That one must be related to a T-Rex!"). The illustrations are well done; each dinosaur is easily identifiable so you won't mistake an allosaurus for a utahraptor. The book also includes sections on ancient marine life and early mammals.

I recommend this book for any family that has budding paleontologists in their ranks.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program. ( )
  sullijo | Aug 4, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My 5 year old daughter loved the book! From the mouth of a child who says she'll one day be a paleontologist, "this book is awesome!" After reading the dinosaur book several nights at bedtime in a row, my daughter has determined her favorite dinosaurs and is working on pronouncing the new names she's learning.

To read to a child younger than five, I would just read the names of the dinosaurs and point out the pictures. For an older child, there are options to have him or her point out the numbers, identify the initial letter of the dinosaur names, and other important features (such as carnivore, herbivore, omnivore). It has enough pictures to engage younger beginning readers and enough text to engage older independent readers. I highly recommend this book for the pint-sized dinosaur enthusiast in your home. ( )
  sentimental13 | Aug 3, 2016 |

"Packed with hundreds of illustrated definitions about dinosaurs and the world in which they lived, "Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids" is certain to spark any kid's enthusiasm for the age of dinosaurs. Explore the Mesozoic era. Learn about dinosaurs that lived on land, those that swam the waters, and species that patrolled the skies. Find out about dinosaur extinction, how scientists date fossils, and what it takes to become a paleontologist. "Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids" will be there when it's time to write reports, delve into projects, prepare assignments, or just curl up and discover more about these amazing creatures. Sidebar topics, fun activities, and quick quizzes make learning about dinosaurs even more fun! Divided into sections for quick access to the easy-to-understand definitions and amazing full-color illustrations, "Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids" is a must-have for any kid's home library."--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

's book Dinosaur Dictionary for Kids was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,994,998 books! | Top bar: Always visible