The Missing Skull (The Seven Prequels) by…

The Missing Skull (The Seven Prequels)

by John Wilson

119820,536 (2.94)2

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I reviewed this for Early Reviewers. While this is a great, short read for middle children, the characters needed more depth. The story line was good though and the mystery was interesting. I would recommend this to my students. ( )
  amilligan | Jul 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A strange quest between grandfather and grandson that leaves the reader unsure if it's a true setup or if the narrator's in trouble. A quick read, but overall not something I can recommend. ( )
  beckylynn | Dec 19, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. It was a bit slow and did pick of speed, but the ending was flat. The characters ages were a bit younger than I was expected. It has a nice cover and feel to it, but it lacked the depth needed for a really good mystery feel it was going for. I would have much rather it been prolonged a bit more clues, a single mystery, older main character, more details, and more adventure. I say this book needs a bit more develop for it to make my top 20.
  Molly_Borum | Nov 12, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This story was so great. Comes from a very brilliant author, and the conflicts are so well thought. I will definitely be recommending these to all my friends and family. ( )
  krazykatwriter | Sep 28, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Missing Skull is written for children. It is a mystery story that is entertaining with a twist I did not expect and I read a lot of mysteries.

It is the story of a young boy and his grandfather. The grandfather has decided that each of his seven grandchildren will be taken on a special adventure set up by the grandfather that is tailored to the interests of the child. The child is into exploring and mysteries, so the grandfather takes him on a trip to "solve" a mystery, but things go a little off and the adventure begins.

Very enjoyable ( )
  Kaysee | Aug 30, 2016 |

A trip to a remote lake in northern Ontario with his grandfather doesn't thrill Steve, especially since his twin brother, DJ, was taken to Central America. Matters start to look up when his grandfather tells Steve about the mysterious death of the artist Tom Thomson and sets him the task of finding Thomson's missing skull. Steve loves mysteries, but when odd things begin happening and strange people start threatening him, Steve wonders whether this is part of his grandfather's plan. Is this still a simple puzzle, or is something far more sinister going on? In this thrilling prequel to Lost Cause and Broken Arrow, the history (and mystery) loving Steve ends up in remote northern Ontario.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

John Wilson's book The Missing Skull was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,987,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible