Hottest Mess (SIN) by J. Kenner

Hottest Mess (SIN)

by J. Kenner

Series: S.I.N. (2)

I really enjoyed Hottest Mess by J. Kenner. This is the second book in the series and is a continuation of the first book which ended on a cliffhanger. The story line continues to build and get better and better and I've enjoyed this book as much as the first one. I don't want to give any spoilers, so there isn't much to say about the specifics without giving away the essence of the book. It isn't a good stand a lone novel, you really need to read it in order.
I'm looking forward to the third book to see what happens next.

Happy reading, enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
As always, J. Kenner rocks! I love all her books! This one was just as great as all the rest! Love the feels and drama! ( )
  Melissa_Essenmacher | Mar 6, 2017 |
I gave this audiobook a B+ for the narration and a C- for the story AudioGals*

Narrated by Lucy Rivers

I’m a fan of J. Kenner’s erotic romantic suspense titles, but the Dirtiest Trilogy just hasn’t hit the mark with me. Still bearing Kenner’s signature taboo or damaged hero who needs to experience passion in a more than plain vanilla way as a result of past demons, but just missing a certain intensity or intrigue factor, I felt like Hottest Mess was a rehash of the themes we already learned in Dirtiest Secret. It failed to move the needle forward on either the romance or the underlying suspense arc, except for in a few rushed passages at the end, and I was left with doubts as to whether I should continue with the next and final book in the Dirtiest Trilogy, Sweetest Taboo. Instead it felt like the focus of this book was on too much gratuitous, heat-filled scenes rather than on unrolling a complex plot which is what I yearn for in a romantic suspense title.

See the full review at AudioGals* ( )
  B.J.O. | Oct 15, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I did not enjoy this book as much as the first one, but it was still an interesting continuation to the story and I'm looking forward to book three. Primarily, this second installment wasn't as good as the first because it just seemed a little more predictable than I would have expected after how good the first book was. But honestly? The thing that bugged me the most was that Jane and Dallas just kept going through the exact same problems for the entire book. So, while I'm curious how this story will end, I suspect I already know, both in terms of plot and execution of plot. All in all, this was an enjoyable read and I will be reading the next book, but I have to say that I'm still somewhat disappointed. ( )
  RCW | Sep 22, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was torn on how to rate this book. It focuses on the forbidden love between Jane and Dallas. I didn't read the first book in the series but got enough from this book to pick up quickly. I wanted to like Jane but at times found her character a little whinny. I did like the intrigue that went with discovering who is behind the kidnapping. I will probably read the next book in the series to find out. ( )
  schmapp | Sep 9, 2016 |

"The S.I.N. series continues with the seductive follow-up to the Stark International Novel Dirtiest Secret, from the New York Times bestselling author of "red-hot and angsty" fiction that "keeps readers guessing" (Publishers Weekly, on Under My Skin). No one can know about our love--and hiding only makes it hotter. Dallas Sykes has a reputation. He is known for his parties, his money, and the countless women on his arm. Yet the Dallas I know is a different man--darker, smarter, and unbearably sexy. Just one look from him can leave me breathless; the anticipation of his touch can make me lose control. Inextricably bound by our past, we keep each other's secrets. And while there are people who have the power to hurt us, it's the truth that threatens us most of all. Dallas can be mine only behind closed doors, our passion as searing as it is forbidden. Yet nothing in this world has ever felt so desperately, deliciously right. Hottest Mess is intended for mature audiences"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

J. Kenner's book Hottest Mess was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible