Math Dictionary for Kids: The #1 Guide for…

Math Dictionary for Kids: The #1 Guide for Helping Kids With Math

by Theresa Fitzgerald

This has been really helpful in my classroom, especially for those who struggle with math vocabulary. ( )
  emmyson | Nov 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was received as an Early Review selection. So, I teach middle school and my wife teaches elementary, and we both took the time to read this one (which accounts for the regrettable delay in me posting this review). I, as always, was nitpicky: I wish there were more cross-references; I wish there were simpler definitions for simple concepts; and so on. My wife, on the other hand, stole the book from my "currently reading" pile and spirited it off to her classroom, thinking it to be one of the most wonderful resources she had ever seen (and causing me to insist that she return it at once so I could finish reading it). We discussed the book together, noting the amazing illustrations, the exquisite choices of examples, the simple and comprehensive diagrams, and I realized that my little notations on sticky notes were completely inconsequential: This is a phenomenal resource for classroom students and homeschoolers alike, and the breadth of the subject matter covered means that students will not outgrow the material for years to come. Two teachers give this book two thumbs up! (That's four thumbs, if you aren't a math person.) ( )
  mrbove | Aug 20, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a wonderful resource! This math dictionary, with its colorful illustrations and clearly-worded explanations, is a great addition to my family's bookshelf. The index and color-coded sections make it easy to find the right section. The diagrams and samples help children and parents alike to understand the math processes and concepts being explained. We will be using this thing regularly at my house. ( )
  Lynette.Williams | Aug 3, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is a great resource for my classroom. I like how the words are broken up by topic. The illustrations are colorful and informative. The definitions are easy to read and easy to understand. There are several reference pages that would be helpful for students. I'm going to display this book in my classroom this year. Excellent! ( )
  KWROLSEN | Jul 30, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a must have for all math students. This is beneficial from older elementary aged students through high school. This is especially great for struggling learners. This book is super easy to use as a reference guide when students need a refresher on how to solve a problem. It covers all the important topics and includes formulas that some children might find difficult to commit to memory.

We homeschool and this has become a huge asset in our daily math lessons. It also encourages independent learning. We love it! ( )
  C.Ibarra | Jul 18, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Theresa Fitzgerald's book Math Dictionary for Kids, 5th Ed. was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,361,853 books! | Top bar: Always visible