Slide (The Seven Prequels) by Norah…

Slide (The Seven Prequels)

by Norah McClintock

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not my typical genre of books but I wanted to give it a try. It was okay. The story seemed to drag on and with odd gaps in the story that really didn't make sense. Overall, by the end of the book I realized I had enjoyed it a little. The grandmother seemed a little wild and would have liked little more about her intriguing life. I'd recommend it for young adults. Nice easy read without much plot or depth and maybe with a little predictability tossed in. ( )
  tp77buck | Sep 7, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Rennie is a 14 year old boy who lost his mother a year ago and doesn't get along with his dad, a Major in the military. When the Major is deployed overseas Rennies grandmother comes to take care of him and whisks him off on a ski vacation.

This book promised so much and for me delivered too little too late. Everything happens in the last few pages and then it just abruptly ends. A short book at only 182 pages but with a big font so really even shorter, yet it took me days longer than it would have taken me to read a 500 page book.

I realize that this is a young readers book but come on even young readers want something with a little more meat to it.

I received this from LibraryThing Early Reviewer for an honest review. ( )
  Draak | Aug 29, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I don't usually read YA books, but this one was a lot of fun. The author was able to get inside the head of a fourteen year old grandson, as well as his fun loving grandmother. Light mystery included mid way thro the book, which provided the chance for the teenager to be a hero. Fun read. ( )
  Pmaurer | Aug 26, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Slide by Norah McClintock is an easy but entertaining read. Though technically a young adult fiction, it is also interesting to those adults inclined toward an easy read and light mystery. This book focuses more on the development of the main character than the mystery plot, but as it is a prequel to previously published works, I believe that is the intention. It was intriguing enough to nudge me to read those books which it is prequel to.
  Sophione | Aug 15, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This story is about a young boy and his grandmother who takes him out of town for an unexpected ski trip. Rennie ( the young boy) finds himself in the middle of a tough decision. Does he get involved to save a friend or does he do nothing and risk the chance of his friend being hurt. This story was very engaging with the details of snow skiing and the risk of avalanches. The author also really pulled the reader into the young boys many emotions from the loss of his mother, feelings for his dad,and his feelings for his new friend. Very good book! ( )
  NSestak1 | Aug 9, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Norah McClintock's book Slide was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,095,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible