Practice Perfect Softball by National F*…

Practice Perfect Softball

by National F* Association

851,035,133 (4.67)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Practice Perfect Softball has advice from those who have had success as a player and/or coach. It gives ideas for improving play, skills, and team production. I appreciated reading info you might not find elsewhere such as not filling the team with Gatorade continually as it can add the pounds. Now that may seem inconsequential, but it is an example of the sharing success makers which are in the book. Pregame prep and situational coaching will be a help to coaches who read this book. I recommend this book to softball coaches, especially those at the higher levels. I received this book and this is my honest review. ( )
  annvaldez | Jan 3, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was a very good and well put together kind of book. It has so much information to help you become a great softball athlete. I always loved playing softball in school. I wasn't able to take it to the next level but it was so fun to play while I could. I wish I had this book available for me back then. I might of been able to take it to that next level. It gives information on hitting, fielding, pitching, situational play, pregame preparation, and player development. All this information comes from different coaches with all their great experiences and the National Fastpitch Coaches Association. This book goes beyond the basics. It goes on to higher levels of the game. When you get done reading this book you will be an expert in softball hands down. I really enjoyed learning all this information on the game of softball.

I give it two thumbs up!!!! ( )
  wolffgirl | Aug 28, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This comprehensive covers every aspect of softball for coaches and motivated players. Beginning with establishing a strong work ethic and ending with an appendix of sample practice plans, there isn't anything left out. Coaches and players will find chapters which target specifics such as motivation, competitiveness, batting, position play, offense and defense, fielding, identifying strengths and weakness, and developing the pitcher and catcher. Written by sixteen experts in the softball field, this book is filled with diagrams, drills, strategies, and charts. I'd highly recommend this book for new coaches, coaches who feel need some motivation, and even for high school girls and college girls who aspire to improve their game. ( )
  Kimberly.Hopkins | Jul 18, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not only does this book provide things for you to do in practice to make your team better, but it also make you think about why your team and you are playing. "What is your motivation?" This book gives you tips on establishing a strong worth ethic. "The trick to establishing a strong work ethic in practice is allowing it to feel like play, not work." It also gives you advice on how you should practice. " A team can't practice at one level and except to compete at a different level." This books allow you to plan productive practices along with giving you diagrams on plays you can do. It talks about thing you should do during the off season to achieve maximum potential during the season. This book is perfect for someone who wants to start a team or for someone who wants their team to be better than average. This is because it gives you tools you will need during practices and tips on including technology during your practices. I 100% recommend this book to anyone who is in love with softball or coaching a team. ( )
  LoganBlairFaircloth | Jul 14, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is very informative. Obviously this was the purpose of the book. I give this a 4 star because it is helpful to a beginning, and even advanced softball player to play the best that they can through personal experiences of very professional softball players and coaches. If you are looking for a new, and a really well written and helpful guide to great softball, I ensure that if you read this book you will come out a better player in softball and comprehend more about the sport itself. ( )
  EthanWhitneyOfficial | Jul 12, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

National F* Association's book Practice Perfect Softball was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,888,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible