Sirens by Parrish

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A little hard to get into - but a good collection of stories none the less. Like with all collections, some short stories were better than others, but taken as a whole, the book is well worth a read. ( )
  Pierre_Benoit | Oct 14, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Like with any collection of short stories, some pull you in and some are not that engrossing. I felt that this collection was skillfully put together, with varying interpretations of what a "siren" is. There were some traditional approaches, some that took traditional elements and applied them to the modern, and some that felt very unique in all ways.
If you're looking for a variety of stories in the general theme of "sirens," I think you'll enjoy this work. If, however, you're hoping for something much more traditional, you'll probably be disappointed. Personally, I really enjoyed most of the stories, and wished that a number were expanded into their own works.
1 vote foldedleaves | Sep 19, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed this book overall. Some stories pull you in and could easily have been turned into novels themselves. I prefer the classic mythical view of sirens myself but the science fiction versions were quite creative and thought provoking as well. While some stories were easier for me to get into than others, anyone who is a fan of folklore will find something enjoyable in this collection. ( )
  SJordan16 | Sep 11, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Did not care for this book. Felt it was too confusing and couldn't get into the book. ( )
  smeslater | Aug 31, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. It was fascinating, it lures you inside and won't let you go! I promise. ( )
  Cheryl_Nolan | Aug 12, 2016 |

Parrishprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parrish, Rhondamain authorall editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Parrish's book Sirens was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,806,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible