Capering on Glass Bridges by Jessica…

Capering on Glass Bridges

by Jessica Hernandez

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byBookHuntressWorld

No tags.

Capering on Glass Bridges is an adventure with unique and unexpected twist. The concept of the story is very well clear and every scene is not very predictable like the other books. I liked how the author comes up with this kind of story.

Idea and reality are oceans apart. – Jessica Hernandez, Capering on Glass Bridges

The story tells us about the adventure of Kaia and the other characters to the cursed Kingdom of Mar. They must deliver a message to the king of the kingdom of Mar on how the curse could be lifted. As their journey started, their group faced a lot of hindrances and they also discovered an unbelievable truth that lies behind the Kingdom of Mar. Kaia will also uncover some secrets from her past.

“Curiosity and caution cannot dwell within the same person; cautious people can’t act on their curiosities, regardless of how much they would like to.” – Jessica Hernandez, Capering on Glass Bridges

When I started reading this book, I’m so confused on the characters because many of them were introduced on the first chapter and I’m a little bit not sure if who is speaking. I need to read from the start again and list the characters so I can understand their relationship with each other. Thankfully, as I go further, I already can go with the flow of the story. The characters are very likable, but some of them are not fully developed yet. There are also times when I can’t connect with the characters.

“A curious person takes risks.” – Jessica Hernandez, Capering on Glass Bridges

I like Kaia Stone. She is tough and wise. She is willing to take risks if doing so will answer her questions.

Kaia’s sister, Elania, is my ideal sister. She is willing to risk too for the sake of helping her sister. She supports her decision and she’s also willing to sacrifice her life just to help Kaia. I’m just happy when she never get killed by those arrows.

I also like the princes. Even if they have different mothers, you can feel their love for each other. I find them funny. My favorite part was when Warrin, one of the princes, won a game and he gave some of his winnings to his brothers. When one of them died and the other was turned, you can feel how sad they are to lose two brothers.

Pelliab, the other person named by the Utdrendans, is very mysterious. He rarely talks with the team and if he does, he only speak a little.

“People become most resourceful when they find themselves trapped.” – Jessica Hernandez, Capering on Glass Bridges

What I just don’t like here is the way it was narrated on the first few chapters. The conversation between the characters does have the same voice which is kind of confusing. I can’t see how the characters feel while saying those words.

“It’s not a matter of all or nothing,” said the prince. “Just because we cannot right all of the wrongs does not mean that we shouldn’t do something about the ones that we can fix.” – Jessica Hernandez, Capering on Glass Bridges

The ending leaves me hanging. I am already liking the story and here I am again, with the third book I’ve read that the ending is incomplete. The good thing is how this book ends, which will definitely make the reader wait and crave for the next book.

Death alters all. Death changes nothing. – Jessica Hernandez, Capering on Glass Bridges

I have a lot to say about this book but all of it will only spoil you so I decided to not write about it. All I can say is that this book is very fun to read. You’ll enter a world where an unexpected twist and turns together with magical things happen. I am recommending this book to those who wanted to read some unique and intriguing scary world. If you plan to read this, tell me what you think of this story by sending me a flird!😉

Disclaimer: I received a reader copy from the author. ( )
  BookHuntressWorld | Jun 17, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,273,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible