Forgotten Secrets by Robin Perini

Forgotten Secrets

by Robin Perini

This book is non stop suspense from beginning to end. Your are turning the pages anxiously awaiting to see what is going to happen next.

I think you get the jest of book from the description so I'm going to forgo rehashing that. I will just point out that its rare in my reading these days to not at least come across a few chapters in a book that are slow or the story starts to fall flat but not once did that happen in the reading of this book. Even during the times when the hero's grandmother was on the page who suffers from Alzheimer's you were captivated by how much emotion the author put into her words. You could defiantly tell she has first hand knowledge of someone living with the disease.

Very good suspense that keeps you guessing till the end on what the reason these children have gone missing. The love story was also different because there was no angst between them – well except for the stress of trying to find his missing sister. This is now one my favorite Robin Perini's books. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
From the moment I read the first few pages I didn't want to put it down. Riley Lambert promised her parents she would find her sister, after she was abducted fifteen years ago from her bedroom. Her mother is quick to remind Riley that she hasn't fulfilled her promise and blames her for Madison's abduction. Riley is now an FBI profiler and uses all her extra time to look for her sister. When Riley gets a call from Thayne Blackwood that his sister is missing, she immediately goes to Wyoming to help him. The only problem is, their witness is Thayne's grandmother who is suffering from Alzheimer's.

The book moved at a fast pace. I didn't want to put it down because I wanted to know who kidnapped Thayne's sister and what happened to Riley's sister. Throughout the book there would be flashbacks of Riley and her sister, Madison. I never expected the ending. It was the first book by Robin Perini that I read and I can't wait to read more. I thought the book was more suspense than romance. ( )
  JenniferLynn | Aug 1, 2016 |
Riley Lambert, an FBI Profiler is called to investigate the kidnapping of Thaynes’s sister, Cheyenne, just hours after the incident. Riley, has a turbulent past as her sister was kidnapped in front of her when she was only 10 years old, and her family has never recovered. She is determined to bring her back. When she receives the call from Thayne to help him find her sister, Riley disobeys direct orders and flies to Singing River, Wyoming. As the investigation proceeds dark secrets from the town start to rise. Could the kidnapping of Cheyenne has something to do with Riley’s sister? Has this anything to do with a 15 year old kidnapping case?

I started the book and I was hooked from the first page. I literally couldn’t put it down. The pace of the novel is fast with gripping suspense and romance and a lot of unexpected twists. It is not possible to settle down and take in all that Singing River is offering as anything could happened (and it does!) in any moment. I especially liked the beginning as the author presents the main characters in very difficult situations to show the strength of character and their personalities and jobs. Thayne is a navy seal on leave that has come home to be deputy of the Sheriff department while his father is recuperating from an illness, and the two other deputies are on holiday. He is strong, caring, confident and aggressive, if needed. But he can also be very tender, especially when his family is involved. On her part, Riley is an FBI Profiler whose path was made for herself when her sister was kidnapped in front of her when she was only 10 years old. This experience has moulded her character into a very determined person that doesn’t stops until the killer/kidnapper of whoever she is following is caught, even if that costs her sanity, health and life. Her family was broken when her sister, Madison, was took and that has formed her, always keeping the distance from people and not risking her heart to be broken. Nevertheless, the love story between them evolves and you soon find yourself shouting at Riley to not be act like that!:) I liked Thayne since the beginning.

It was really touching the character of the Grandma, she is the only witness of her granddaughter kidnapped but her illness, but she has Alzheimer and you can really feel her struggle as well as her family’s to learn to live with this diseases. There are moments of total clarity and others where she is lost in a past memory and trying to balance and live with that is the hardest for the family and especially her husband.

It impressed me the way the town got together to try to find Cheyenne, as Thayne mentioned: “One thing about a small town, folks might be hip-deep in one another’s business, but when there’s trouble, we take care of each other”.

As the investigation proceeds the different pieces are put together in an amazingly and unexpected way. It shows you that no matter how close you think you are to people you really never get to know all their secrets. It also mentions the devastation left behind in the family and friends when someone is gone. Almost until the last page you don’t get to know the person behind it all. And when you do you just can’t believe it. I must confess that at the end of the book my emotions where aroused and I almost cried.

Although I was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t shown Riley’s abilities and skills as an FBI Profiler that much. At some points I was wondering, if it was necessary to be a profiler to investigate this as a real profile of the perpetrator wasn’t release, just a few glimpses of personality traits. That is why I have rated this book with a 4 instead of with a 5, definitely a book I recommend ( )
  Martina90 | Jun 16, 2016 |
Riley Lambert has had one goal in life since her twelve-year-old sister Madison was abducted while Riley, age 10, was in the room: Find Madison. She graduated from high school by 15, was a lawyer by 21, and a very gifted FBI profiler at age 26. No matter what case she is working on, her sister's disappearance isn't far from her mind.

The past year she visited Singing River, Wyoming to look into a similar disappearance to her sister's. Twelve-year-old Gina disappeared shortly before Madison. Besides the age, both were redheads. While Riley couldn't find out what happened to Gina, she did meet handsome SEAL Thayne Blackwood and had a whirlwind romance. They have been keeping in touch with weekly Friday night phone calls and getting to know each other.

When a case goes wrong for Riley, her supervisor puts her on leave and cuts off her access to the FBI databases. He feels that Riley is heading for a breakdown unless she can find some way to work her cases without so much emotional involvement. It is just after her suspension that Riley gets a call from Thayne telling her that his sister Cheyenne has gone missing. Riley is quick to return to Singing River to help find her before his family is as broken as hers was after Madison disappears.

Things don't look good. The only witness is Thayne's grandmother who has Alzheimer's disease and who doesn't remember what happened. Riley and Thayne are searching for clues knowing that the longer Cheyenne stays missing, the less likely it will be to find her alive. As they search, they learn all sorts of secrets that one desperate criminal doesn't want uncovered.

This was a fast-paced thriller filled with interesting characters and with a great romance too. Thayne is truly a storybook hero: touch and tender, smart and caring, and not afraid to commit to a forever love. Romantic suspense fans will love getting to know him and Riley. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jun 11, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,940,439 books! | Top bar: Always visible