Stirring Attraction by Sara Jane Stone

Stirring Attraction

by Sara Jane Stone

431,664,912 (4.67)None

Second chance love that brings you right to the heart of things with the warmth, caring, strong emotions that keep you moving forward knowing that your love for someone else means more to you than anything.

In book two of this series, we get more suspense, intrigue and even a little drama. Dom has his own demons to chase down or face down. This all depends on perspective. Dom has his moments of being a completed and total jerk, but that has its own reasoning behind it. One thing he has never been called was a coward. He loved Lily to the point he did not want to give her anything less that his best, his all, his everything. Being injured, unemployed and just feeling broken. He could not do that. At least, not until she was indeed being threatened. For her he would risk everything.

There were so many moments in this second chance romance that made the coming together to rebuild what was lost so worth the read. There were times that I was wanting more. Sara Jane Stone has herself another hit with the Second Shot series. ( )
  thebookjunkiereads | Dec 21, 2016 |
When Dominic Fairmore went off to serve with the Army Rangers, it was always understood that he would come back for his hometown sweetheart Lily and that they would make a life together wherever he is stationed; but after being injured and having to give up the Rangers, Dominic refused to go back to the life that he had in Forever Oregon, leaving Lily heartbroken.

After 3 painful years of Lily Greene loving Dominic, but him turning his back on her; Lily is still heartbroken and angry that he refuses to come back home…come back to her! Well she has had enough! Lily is tired of waiting and has decided to move on and started to dating again...that is until she was violently attacked and is now left scared that her is going come back and finish the job.

When Ryan turns up at Dominic's apartment and tells him of Lily's attack and how scared she is, it's the only thing that will ever get him back to Forever. Dominic doesn't feel like he is worthy of Lily's love and that she should move on, no matter how much that would kill him.

But when he arrives Dominic feels Lily's anger towards him, especially when her friend Caroline hits him dead in the face with a pie. But can Dominic her convince to allow him to protect her and will he be able to keep her safe and walk away when it's all over.

I absolutely love this Sara Jane Stone series! It's truly is one of the most well researched, heartfelt and beautiful military romance series I have ever read…and I have read A LOT of them. The authors writing and plot are always without holes, fluff and by the end of the book you are left wanting more!

I absolutely fell in love with all of the characters in this book! Lily's feistiness, Dominic's love for Lily, Noah's bossiness, Ryan's determination but I think Caroline stole the show for me! I'm desperate to to know her story.

I give Stirring Attraction 5 stars!
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |
This is another wonderfully written story by Ms. Stone. The characters are endearing and easy to connect with. The chemistry between Dominic and Lily is magnetic. I love the closeness of the entire group of friends and how they are all willing to help each other in any way possible. This is a heartwarming story with a bit of mystery and humor. One that will grip you from the start and won't let go until you're finished. I can't wait to read Josh and Caroline's story! Highly recommend!

ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  blsfan68 | Jun 7, 2016 |

"When Dominic Fairmore left Oregon to be all he could be as an Army Ranger, he always knew he'd come back to claim Lily Greene. But after six years away and three career-ending bullets, Dominic is battered, broken, and nobody's hero?so he stays away. Until he learns Lily has been the victim of a seemingly random attack. He'll do anything to keep her safe...even go home. Lily is starting to find a life without Dominic when suddenly her wounded warrior is home and playing bodyguard?though all she really wants is for him to take her. But she refuses to play the part of a damsel in distress, no matter how much she misses his tempting touch. He'll leave as soon as she's safe and Lily knows her heart will never heal. But as attraction stirs to so much more, danger closes in. With more than Lily's heart at stake, Dominic can no longer draw a line between protecting Lily and loving her..."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,767,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible