101 Job Interview Questions You'll…

101 Job Interview Questions You'll Never Fear Again

by James Reed

I checked out this book from the public library for some interviewing help. I am a post-dissertation Ph.D. currently job seeking. After three failed telephone interviews and an appointment for (GLORY HALLELUJAH! FINALLY!) one in-person interview, I decided the potential failure might be me requiring some quick input into some interviewing techniques. With a 101 potential interview questions covered, I thought Reed's book would be a safe bet.

**If you are looking for a amazingly smart and talented Nonprofit Unicorn, please visit my website and contact me.**

This book helped me get my interviewing game face on. I worked through the questions, got my stories outlined to serve as examples accompanying my answers to each question, memorized my Tell-Me-About-Yourself pitch, and found a clean joke to share. The amount of study I put in helped me feel prepared and confident. I was not overwhelmingly nervous for the interview. I felt I had my game together.

[Fade in: Interview Day] Enter interview. Shake hands. Greet each other. Get seated. Question one: Tell me what you know about _____. [Fade out.]

All of the questions were similar to the above. All of the questions were subject matter questions. Therefore, my interviewing experience tells me employers possibly do not care whether or not you have ever taken a pen from your place of work (an actual question covered in the 101). Employers possibly only care about your level of knowledge, your plan of action, and whether or not you will make more coffee when you see the pot is empty or be a prima donna expecting the coffee to magically appear at your commanding. Period.

My review should not be a dismissal of the book. Again, after working through the questions I felt prepared and confident going into the interview. The book is worth checking out of the library. But, return the book so that others may use the same copy. Purchasing a personal copy just seems unnecessary. ( )
  Christina_E_Mitchell | Sep 9, 2017 |

“Well-written and well-organized. Strongly recommended for anyone preparing for a job interview.”
Library Journal

101 JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS YOU'LL NEVER FEAR AGAIN is based on direct input from top interviewers. It offers powerful preparation techniques, the lowdown on how to answer the most common questions and - above all - how to adopt a winning mindset at interviews, one that will help you stand out from the pack and land the job.

From classic questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "What are your greatest weaknesses?" to puzzlers like "Sell me this pen" and "How many traffic lights are there in New York?," James Reed reveals what interviewers are really asking and gives you the best possible answers.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 08 Jun 2016 12:35:04 -0400)

"Learn the secrets to excelling at job interviews, directly from top interviewers and recruiters. You can't prepare an answer for every interview question. So, of the thousands of questions a potential employer might ask, which ones will they ask? And what should you say? After extensive research among hundreds of interviewers and thousands of interviewees, finally here's the book that will give you the answer."--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,421,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible