A Week of Mondays: A Novel by Jessica Brody

A Week of Mondays: A Novel

by Jessica Brody

You’ll enjoy this realistic/paranormal novel.

Ellie has had a terrible Monday. She didn’t bring an umbrella, so she takes a terrible school picture; she fails a test she forgot to study for; she embarrasses herself making a speech; she runs a red light; and, her boyfriend breaks up with her. She just wants to do the day again and get it right. When she wakes up on Tuesday, it’s still Monday. What?!? She has to relive Monday until she figures out how to “fix” her life. The only person she confides in is her best friend Owen. Of course, he forgets by the next day because they are living it over again.

Ellie’s life has many people in this particular Monday: parents, sister, best friend, boyfriend, and running mate. Each day she tries something new, hoping that her boyfriend will not break up with her--that’s her goal every day. In each scenario, Ellie creates a problem that didn’t exist before, so how will she get it all perfect and stay with her boyfriend?

This novel uses an old storyline, but it’s still a very nice distraction. Once Ellie learns what her life needs, she’ll be able to move on. What gets me about books like this is--if we knew what we were doing wrong and had all knowledge, we would do so much better in life. She gets seven chances! It took six times to figure it out! In life, we get ONE. It’s fun to read these and imagine what would change in our own lives, but ultimately, we do the best we can. ( )
  acargile | Oct 10, 2016 |
This was a light, predictable read reminiscent of the movie "Ground Hog Day" and the book "Before I Fall" but I have to say that by the end of the third Monday I was getting tired of the book and struggled though the next four Mondays. The seventh Monday was, in my opinion, the most enjoyable; Ellison speech was quite motivational. I also loved her playlists, and how each chapter started with a classic song title. Even though I enjoyed how Ellison matured and developed as she relived each Monday, I found the repetition of the events monotonous. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Sep 27, 2016 |

When I made the wish, I just wanted a do-over. Another chance to make things right. I never, in a million years, thought it might actually come true...

Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having a serious case of the Mondays. She gets a ticket for running a red light, she manages to take the world’s worst school picture, she bombs softball try-outs and her class election speech (note to self: never trust a cheerleader when she swears there are no nuts in her bake-sale banana bread), and to top it all off, Tristan, her gorgeous rocker boyfriend suddenly dumps her. For no good reason!

As far as Mondays go, it doesn’t get much worse than this. And Ellie is positive that if she could just do it all over again, she would get it right. So when she wakes up the next morning to find she’s reliving the exact same day, she knows what she has to do: stop her boyfriend from breaking up with her. But it seems no matter how many do-overs she gets or how hard Ellie tries to repair her relationship, Tristan always seems bent set on ending it. Will Ellie ever figure out how to fix this broken day? Or will she be stuck in this nightmare of a Monday forever?

From the author 52 Reasons to Hate My Father and The Unremembered trilogy comes a hilarious and heartwarming story about second (and third and fourth and fifth) chances. Because sometimes it takes a whole week of Mondays to figure out what you really want.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:26:50 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible