Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by…

Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (1989)

by Eileen Christelow

I liked this book for two reasons. First, I liked the way that the story was written. The story was engaging because it rhymed and was very catch, while flowing at a good pace. An example of this is how the story repeats itself by saying “no more monkeys jumping on the bed!” This becomes expected each time one falls off the bed. A second reason I liked the story was because of the illustrations. One example of an illustration I liked was of the monkeys’ faces when they were getting yelled at for jumping on the bed. This showed the monkeys as sad and scared, which was different from when they were misbehaving. Another example I liked was at the end when the illustration showed the mom jumping on the bed. I thought this was a good illustration because she looked happy and was having fun when she told her children that it was not okay to jump on the bed. The big idea of this story was for entertainment. Also, a big idea could be reasons why it is a bad idea to jump on the bed and how you could get hurt from it. ( )
  AllisonStrait | Oct 6, 2014 |
This book is about 5 little monkeys who are told not to jump on the bed. They are disobedient to their mother and quickly learn of their consequences.
I really like this book because it was one of my favorite books when I was a child and I think it has a lot of good teaching tools like numbers and music within the book.
I think this book for be good for ages pre-k up to 3rd grade, and that it would fit the predictable book theme as well as a number theme.
  mmjohns1995 | Sep 23, 2014 |
Another sing a long book about monkeys, sing alongs get students engaged and active in participation in reading the book ( )
  caitlinsnead | Dec 9, 2013 |
In this book, five monkeys are jumping on a bed, even though their mom tells them not to. One by one they all fall off and break their heads, and learn the hard way that they should be obeying what their mother had told them to do originally, and just going to sleep.
  beccaowen | Sep 17, 2013 |
The book “Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed” starts out with five monkeys getting ready for bed. After they say goodnight to their mother, they start jumping on the bed. Consecutively, they fall off and mother calls the doctor. After all five of them have fallen off and the mother called the doctor five times, to which each time he said “No more monkeys jumping on the bed!”, they all fell fast asleep in their bed, giving mama time to jump on her own bed. This is a silly book, but I think it is a good read to show kids that they can have a little fun but if they do stuff that they are not supposed to do they could get hurt.
Extension:
1. Make up our own song where we hop up and down
  katiekinsey | Mar 20, 2013 |
For Heather, Morgan, Joni, Grady, Stefan
It was bedtime.

"Five Little Monkeys Juping on the Bed" is a story about five monkeys having too much fun on a bed. As they jump with fun, one monkey at a time falls off the bed. Once the last little monkey jumps off the bed , the mother monkey is happy. Why? Because the mother can finally go to bed in peace. This story is great book to read before introducing numbers to students. It will help students with their counting and will be a joy read for them.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0395900239, Board book)

“NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!” The nursery rhyme “Five Little Monkeys” has long been a favorite song and finger play with the preschool set, but Eileen Christelow gives it new life as a hilarious picture book. Her expressive pencil and watercolor illustrations capture both the glee and the pratfalls of those misbehaving monkeys. A sure-fire hit at story hour, this rhythmic romp is a counting lesson, too, as the five bouncy bed-jumpers bump their heads and get hauled off to the doctor one by one. This board book edition is just the right size for small human hands. (IRA/CBC Children’s Choice Award, 1990)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:48 -0400)

A counting book in which one by one the little monkeys jump on the bed only to fall off and bump their heads.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,307,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible