Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale

Everything We Keep

by Kerry Lonsdale

This books was okay. Struggled a little bit with what the focus was. I didn't really know the author's purpose going forward. It jumped around a lot from storyline to storyline. Kept me engaged when I was reading, but not really enough to pick back up. Finished it on a plane because I had nothing else to do! ( )
  erthom02 | Nov 20, 2018 |
I really enjoyed getting to know the characters in this story! Aimee’s fiancé, James, dies in a freak accident. A mysterious woman tells her that he’s still alive in Mexico. Should she believe it and try to learn more, or let him go and move on with her life? There were a few things that happened that seemed a little unbelievable or out of character, but I enjoyed the ride and can’t wait to read the sequel to continue the story! ( )
  kstadt929 | Sep 7, 2018 |
I received a free advance e-copy of this book and have chosen to write an honest and unbiased review. I have no personal affiliation with the author. Wow! I read ‘Everything We Left Behind’ first. After reading ‘Everything We Keep’ I now have a better understanding of James and his relationships with his family and Aimee. What an extremely dysfunctional family as they lie to Aimee and cover up and hide everything from her. She begins to feel that something strange is going on after she is approached after the funeral by Lacy and the pictures are missing. Will Aimee be able to move on with her life after her trip to Mexico where she has to face the devastating truth? Kerry Lonsdale is a true storyteller and an amazing writer. ‘Everything We Keep’ is well written with an amazing plot and well developed characters. This book is well worth the read and I hope to read more from Kerry Lonsdale in the future. ( )
  iadam | Dec 17, 2017 |
Three and a half star rating.
On the day Aimee is meant to be getting married, she is at a funeral - her fiancés. Various things happen to make her wonder what really happened but instead of reacting instantly, she sits and ponders, starts a new cafe, meets other people. This makes her quite annoying and so are her interfering friends. There’s a lot of pathos and loss especially at the start when the funeral is being held in the church she should have been married in. Loved the idea of this story which was engaging and also loved the ending too. It’s an appetite whetter for other books by this author ( )
  boudicca123 | Nov 9, 2017 |
Suspend disbelief is my recommendation for Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale. Coincidences and leaps abound. The love story is sweet and sappy. However, with a relatively sympathetic character at the heart of it, it makes for a quick enjoyable read. The one point that is of concern in this book is that a rape occurs, and it is covered up by both the victim and someone who loves her. That is not okay.

Read my complete review at http://www.memoriesfrombooks.com/2017/10/everything-we-keep.html

Reviewed for NetGalley ( )
  njmom3 | Oct 11, 2017 |

Sous chef Aimee Tierney has the recipe for the perfect life: marry her childhood sweetheart, raise a family, and buy out her parents' restaurant. But when her fiance, James Donato, vanishes in a boating accident, her well-baked future is swept out to sea. Struggling to reconstruct her life, she delves deeper into James's disappearance. What Aimee uncovers is an ocean of secrets that make her question everything about the life they built together. And just below the surface is a truth that may set Aimee free... or shatter her forever.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,579,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible