Oliver Twisted (An Ivy Meadows Mystery)…

Oliver Twisted (An Ivy Meadows Mystery) (Volume 3)

by Cindy Brown

641,268,033 (4.83)None

This is the third book in the Ivy Meadows Mystery Series and the first one I have read. I give this book 4.5 stars. I am definitely going to check out the other two. Even though there were things mentioned that I had obviously missed from the first two books, I was able to follow the story easily. Cindy Brown has written a funny mystery that kept me guessing right to the end. The fact that there was more than one death/murder as well as thievery going on it was easy to send up red herrings and keep the story moving well.

Ivy Meadow and her Uncle Bob have accepted a PI job on the cruise ship S S. David Copperfield "Get Lit!" They have been hired to find and locate a group of thieves who have been robbing passengers on various "Get Lit!" cruises. Because Ivy is an actress, she finds herself playing the part of Nancy in the ships version of Oliver Twist. Once onboard, she finds out that she is supposed to do a performance using silks dangling 40 feet over the stage. This adds some of the humour to the story. On her first night on the ship, she discovers her roommate, Harley, dead stuffed in her small closet. As the investigation progresses, there are many surprises that do not seem to have anything to do with the case. Uncle Bob has fallen for a passenger that Ivy suspects is a gold digger, Ivy's brother has left the group home where he is living and contacts Ivy a couple of times, but hangs up on her before she can find out where he is, Ada her roommate is not very friendly and actually threatens her, and now she has to keep an eye on the young actor playing Oliver who seems to relish getting into trouble and playing practical jokes. All this while Ivy tries to get over her fear of water. Will Ivy and Uncle Bob figure out who the thieves are before the ship reaches Hawaii?

This was a fun light-hearted read with a lot going on to keep the book moving quickly. I really enjoyed the character of Ivy as well as some of the supporting characters. I am not sure about Uncle Bob, he seemed to doubt Ivy a lot, but perhaps there are reasons from the previous two books. It does look like there is going to be romance in Ivy's life coming up in the next book in this series. I recommend this book to cozy mystery lovers. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Aug 20, 2016 |
A wonderful read!
Don't read it in company for fear of disturbing others with your laughing!
I'm going to read more from this author.
I was given a digital copy of this book by the publisher Henery Press via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review. ( )
  Welsh_eileen2 | Jun 26, 2016 |
The more that I read this series the more that I love how reliably good it is. I don't have to worry when I pick up a new book in this series because I know that I'll be swept away with Ivy into the theater and her latest murder mystery.

I really love following Ivy. She is very likeable and you can't help but root for her whenever she helps her uncle out with his private investigator business. This time they find themselves on a cruise ship investigating and string of thefts on the cruise line. Ivy is working undercover in the ships musical adaptation of Oliver.

I didn't think that the mystery behind the thefts was very hard to figure out but they were some other mysteries that were difficult to figure out (just a death or two). You really didn't know who Ivy could trust as everyone seemed a bit sketchy. As if that wasn't enough Ivy also had to worry about her brother after he ran away from his group home to find his missing friend Stu.

I really look forward to reading more of this series and especially to seeing what happens between Ivy and Matt. Thanks to Netgalley and Henery Press for the galley.
  dpappas | May 15, 2016 |

Orphans. Thieves. Murder. And an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet! When Ivy Meadows lands a gig with the book-themed cruise line Get Lit!, she thinks she's died and gone to Broadway. Not only has she snagged a starring role in a musical production of Oliver Twist, she's making bank helping her PI uncle investigate a string of onboard thefts, all while sailing to Hawaii on the S.S. David Copperfield. But Ivy is cruising for disaster. Her acting contract somehow skipped the part about aerial dancing forty feet above the stage, her uncle Bob is seriously sidetracked by a suspicious blonde, and--oh yeah--there's a corpse in her closet. Forget catching crooks. Ivy's going to have a Dickens of a time just surviving.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible