DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change by Aruna…

DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change

by Aruna Gurumurthy

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byCharline_Ratcliff

No tags.

DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change by Aruna Gurumurthy – a good read; and not quite the book I'd been expecting it to be; which was a pleasant discovery.

Beginning my reading, I noted the author's written comment about her book - that it "was not a traditional book that is read cover-to-cover at one go." Consequently, I took the time to read DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change over the course of several weeks. I was glad I did; it gave me added time to mull over the subtle nuances of Gurumurthy's writings. The author may have been 'chomping at the bit' for my review; but hey, I was enjoying the read and "all good things come to those who wait." 

So, what is DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change about? Well, after careful thought and consideration, I guess I’d say “life.” How do we view it? How do we interact in it? How do we respect it? Are we compassionate? Loving? Understanding? Helpful? Curious? Should we be?

I am of the “yes” opinion to all, although there are those who might disagree since we do, each of us, have our own life to live after all, right? And yet, at the end of the day, our ‘singleness’ is merely an illusion because we are all interconnected – even with those whose actions/mannerisms we dislike.

Within the pages of DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change, Gurumurthy strives to offer her readers different outlooks, different understandings, different approaches, and different ways to view the world, and people, around us.

Is DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change a preachy, be-kind-to-others instructional handbook? No, not at all. Instead, it is a conglomeration of short stories, experiences, sayings, thoughts, et cetera that are succinctly written and are designed to make the reader “go, hmm” and think, wonder, or ponder about this world we live in; this life we each lead.

In summary, DIYA: A Megawatt Approach to Change is assuredly one of the most enjoyable ‘raising awareness’ books I’ve read in a long while. It was a pleasant read; enjoyable and … enlightening. ( )
  Charline_Ratcliff | Jun 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,821,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible