Angel: Reverse (A:R Earth, #1) by Tricia…

Angel: Reverse (A:R Earth, #1)

by Tricia Owens

811,035,133NoneNone

First off, I am not going to put a star for this book. Part of me wants to give this a 1 star, after all I skimmed through a large portion of the book. The parts that I read I loved, so I would give that 5 stars. Looking at the reviews, everyone else loved it, so I just wonder if the book just was not for me.

Basic Plot:

John's wife and daughter were murdered several years ago, and John (a cop) was devastated. His only purpose in life now is to find the murderer and then he will kill himself after it is done. Finn is an angel, who is looking after a man who is a serial killer. Their lives interact and danger ensues.

Problems with this book:

1. On the cover, the sub title is this: "M/M Paranormal Romance." Not sure that we can call this a romance. The men do not have any real sexual interactions (some quick ones), and it is more of a friendship than anything else. It seems extremely misleading to call this a "romance."

2. There is repetitive rape. I generally do not enjoy reading about rape, but there are times when it is needed to advance the plot, explain backstory, or develop a character. However, this book had so much humiliation, pain, self-loathing, and rape that I could not stomach it and had to just skim through those sections. Which to be fair might be about 1/3 to 1/2 of the book. These scenes just became superfluous and it left me to only one conclusion: sometimes it's ok to edit. There is a fine line between making a scene impacting and sensationalizing a violent and horrific violation.

There were parts that were very interesting and moving. But the book was way too dark for me. Maybe it was just not my cup of tea, and that's alright.

Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,744,918 books! | Top bar: Always visible