Gone for You by Jayne Frost
free (1) Kindle (1) review (1) romance (2) to-read (3)

"4 out of 5 stars! Rock star guitarist, Cameron, has a good life. However, when his friend, and bandmate, is placed in the hospital Cameron's life is sidelined by the need to stay in one place for an extended period of time. During that time, he meets Lily. Lily comes from a well-known Texas family, who disowned her when she decided to do what she always wanted with her life by becoming an artist, and sets Cameron's life on fire as he goes about pursuing her. Yet, are they meant for only a few good memories or something more worthwhile?

While I loved the cover its book description didn’t really sell me on this novel, who helped want to read it was Eat Sleep Read Review’s own review for this novel as it explained a lot. Now that I’ve read this novel, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised that I liked reading from a single POV standpoint, Cameron’s POV to be exact, as much as I did. Cameron is forthright in his beliefs and wants making it hard for the reader not to agree with him."

Read more of this review and a FEW TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/06/feasted-on-sixth-street-bands-... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Aug 16, 2016 |
This was a lust at first sight story that soon became a love at first sight story. Cameron is a rock star - lead guitar in a popular band. He's used to one night stands with the many groupies who hang around the band. When he first sees Lily at the resort hotel where the band is staying while in Dallas, he thinks this is just another girl in another town.

Lily isn't just another girl though. She is an art student near to graduation and working two jobs since her socialite parents tossed her out for changing her major from business and refusing to marry their hand-picked candidate. She is hurt that they aren't supporting her dreams but she is determined to make her dreams come true anyway.

The one thing I couldn't quite accept in this story is the speed with which Lily decides to start a relationship with Cameron. She had to know his reputation. She had only had one previous boyfriend - the jerk who courted her to get in with her father and had an affair with her friend on the side. I would have thought that she would have been more cautious. It didn't take long for Cameron to decide that Lily wasn't the kind of girl he could leave behind with no regrets.

Besides the relationship there were other conflicts for them to deal with including an agent who would do anything to get publicity for the band including throwing Lily to the paparazzi.

The love scenes were sexy and frequent with little hints of the kinky. Fans of rock stars as romantic heroes will enjoy this story. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jun 8, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,909,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible