Tutu's & Cowboy Boots: Part One (Tutu's &…

Tutu's & Cowboy Boots: Part One (Tutu's & Cowboy Boots #1)

by Casey Peeler

511,436,638 (4)None

Disclosure: I received a copy from the author/publisher, in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any shape or form.

Jason Aldean’s Country Boy World fits Tutu’s and Cowboy boots to a T. If this book had a theme song I’m pretty sure this would be it.

Tutu’s and Cowboy Boots is a city girl meets the country kind of story. It was fast paced and gave you an insight as to how it is in the South. I loved reading about Cadence’s experiencing the South for the first time.

Cadence is a spoiled brat, ungrateful and disrespectful. It was definitely hard liking her. I had to take a break from her at times because she was just so whiny and conceited. But I also sympathized with her, I wasn’t her age when my parents broke up I was way younger but I definitely understood her feelings.

Barrick is the good ol’ Southern boy that I love to read about and fall in love. But I also felt like I didn’t really get to know him. Sometimes, his voice and Cadence’s voice it was difficult to distinguish between them. I had wished his voice was a bit stronger.

There were a couple things I would change, like I would love to see the actual pranks between Cadence and Barrick. There were a couple mentions of them but I still wanted to see more. I’d definitely want more Barrick to really get to know him better.

Aside from that, the story kept me interested and I loved reading about things I’ve always known about like Dairy Queen (former DQ employee right here!), homecoming, always cooking for 10,000 people when the family is only 5.

I am sad that the story did end in bit of cliffhanger so you will be seeing a review of the second part soon. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible