Behind the Closed Door (Detective Jacob…

Behind the Closed Door (Detective Jacob Hayden, #2)

by Charles Prandy

111820,536 (5)None

This book is a detective series with a lead character that gets ingrained into your psyche and keeps you wanting more. The author knows how to create and develop great characters but also a story that you don't see coming, and can't get enough of. I loved the book. He's done it again. Big intrigue, surprising story, great read.
You know when you open a sequel or even second book of an author, you are expecting as good a read as the first time, and intensely hope for just that scenario. Let me assure you, Charles Prandy delivers, precisely and convincingly from the beginning to the very end. He has a different style of writing which I chalk up the portrayal of the lead character. I may be wrong, but it doesn't matter, it is a great story and one I know others will enjoy.
This book was just as intriguing, moving, thought provoking and surprising as the first book. The pace was fast, keeping you on the move and not wanting to stop at any chapter until you reached the end.
Charles's main character Jacob Hayden still talked like he did in the first book, but due to what happened in the first book, he seemed just a little more reserved, not quite as brazen which fit perfectly. You wouldn't expect any less considering his situation, and that made him real like your next door neighbor. It kept him in your 'character to root for' column, and tied your heart up with emotional strings.
Stories that move at a quick pace need to pack pictures and emotions in your mind to help you move, understand and fully see what is happening. If it doesn't, you find yourself having to go back and figure something out or you lose interest. Don't worry you won't wonder about anything except what is going to happen next, as you try and piece together the clues to what is happening, what the connections are and what it all means. Just what a good story always does. Oh, and the surprises are a sweet treat for your mind.
Without a doubt I have to say so many stories are pretty easily figured out. That's one of the reasons I really like Charles's books. There was only one time during the entire story that I actually was right on my assumptions. One time out of the many situations in the story, and I have read a whole lot of books so I am usually figuring the storyline out pretty well, is an amazing feat. That admirable distinction made me really enjoy the whole book and will make me fondly remember it too.
In the last review I did for Charles I had asked him to let me read the sequel when it was done. He graciously did just that. Thank goodness he didn't put any less brilliance into this novel than the last. I would have hated to say less than great things about his sequel. And as the book before, he set it up for another sequel which I am officially requesting again. By the way, you will be just as surprised, just as intrigued and just as impatient about waiting for him to finish the next one as you were at the end of the first one.
Great and amazing work again Charles Prandy. Thanks for letting me read it. ( )
  colleenmbratley | Oct 4, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,843,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible