Sheer Fear (Jack Lockwood Mystery Series…

Sheer Fear (Jack Lockwood Mystery Series Book 3)

by Geoffrey David West

621,268,033 (4)None
Recently added bySomerville66, scrow72, Darcia

From the dramatic beginning of Chapter One, this fast paced, event filled thriller is an exciting read, but at times the plot develops by the author telling us what has happened rather than showing us.
So much happens to hero, Jack Lockwood that it defies belief and yet the intriguing story carries the reader forward, promising yet more excitement and new revelations.
This is definitely a great plot for a TV drama and I do want to read the earlier adventures of Jack Lockwood.
  Somerville66 | May 29, 2017 |
Geoffrey West is a born storyteller, and Jack Lockwood is one of those faulty heroes you can't help but love. I think he'd be fun to hang out with, though I'm not sure I'd live through the day. His character is so well developed that it's easy to forget he is not a real person.

The opening scene here is one of the best written within the crime/suspense genre. The action is immediate. West effortlessly places us in the midst of a heart-stopping scene. I found myself holding my breath as I read.

The action continues on at a quick pace, pulling us into the chaos that is Jack's life. The one drawback for me was that there is a whole lot going on, involving many characters and various subplots that run parallel and dissect one another throughout. This, at times, detracted from the main plot of child abuse and cover ups. Despite this, West weaves an intricate and tripping tale with unforgettable characters.

While I think any series works best if read from the start, each book is the Jack Lockwood Series is able to be read and enjoyed as a stand-alone. ( )
  Darcia | Nov 24, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,623,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible