Death Becomes Her by Michael Anderle

Death Becomes Her

by Michael Anderle

This is not your everyday book about vampires and werewolves. Sure they cannot stand sunshine (most of them at least). They regenerate. The are strong and fast as hell. They eat iron and shit bullets. But they are not supernatural beasts. Although most of this book reads pretty much as your everyday supernatural vampire story (a pretty good one though) there is a science fiction story lurking underneath. A story that has the promise of making this a very interesting book series.

The story is perhaps a somewhat light kick-ass style action/adventure story but I think it is a good one. I rather quickly started to like the main character a lot. She is a seriously powerful, foul mouthed, kick-ass vampire. She also surrounds herself with equally likable kick-ass characters as the story progresses. Actually, so far, there has been very few characters that I did not like and the ones that were not supposed to be likable, well let us just say that they are either only hinted at and not really presented … yet or they quickly becomes extras in red t-shirts when Bethany Anne gets pissed off with them.

The story? Well it is really difficult to say much about it without revealing to much. This is the first book in the series and there is of course a lot of introduction and world building going on. As I wrote above it shows quite a lot of promise of becoming a great story arc.

I guess I have to say something about the language used. The author is dead on when he states that Bethany Anne has nothing against cussing, only uninspired cussing. I guess that is one of the reasons that I like Bethany Anne. If you care more about which words that are used and not so much about the story then this is not a book for you. Personally I do not care if the author uses words like “fuckface” or whatever as long as it is not done to cover up sloppy writing and in this book it is not as far as I am concerned.

I have already read the second book in the series and started on the third one and I am pretty much hooked on Bethany Anne & Co. ( )
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
Death Becomes Her is one of those Audiobooks you just cannot stop listening to. I love the Laugh out Loud Craziness and as the characters are introduced I knew I found a great new series. The main character is KICK A** AWESOME, and all the characters in this book are very interesting (IN A VERY GOOD WAY) and hilarious. I am now listening to book 3 in the series and it just gets better and better. I love that the Author & Narrator speak to us the readers at the end of the books about the books. Thank you to the Author & Narrator for bringing this series to life. :) ( )
  marolyn | Aug 27, 2017 |
love this take on vampires! can't wait to read more in the series ( )
  kristiem75 | Jul 27, 2017 |
Death Becomes Her (The Kurtherian Gambit #1) by Michael Anderle is a very interesting and exciting book. I enjoyed it. A military gal, grown up under a military family, finds she has only 6 months to live, has a chance to live but has to work for the ones that help her. Those are vampires. Those vampires are working for the government. Only a few know. Pretty cool story. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jun 10, 2017 |
To my Family: my wife Judith, my sons Joshua, Jacob & Joseph my parents & my siblings. I appreciate your love, your support and acceptance when you don’t have a clue what I’m talking about!
“May those who fight have honor, else we are doomed in the end.”

Anderle, Michael. Death Becomes Her (The Kurtherian Gambit Book 1) (Kindle Location 37). LMBPN Publishing. Kindle Edition.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,427,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible