Bittersweet (Acorn Hills, #1) by Grace…

Bittersweet (Acorn Hills, #1)

by Grace Augustine

621,268,033 (5)None

I love it when I find a book where the main characters are over fifty. The characters in Bittersweet have been friends for years and so know each other intimately and are very protective of each other. Grace Augustine has developed the characters really well and you get to know each one as individuals. Jillian is a lovely sweet and giving person who struggles to understand the mean side of Jake; who is of course a bad man and you just cannot get to like him. There are great surprising twists in the plot that keeps you hooked on the story. I'm glad that the story continues in the next in the series. I like characters with substance and that is what Grace Augustine delivers. I can't believe it is her debut novel. looking out for the next books. I am late in my discovery so need to catch up. ( )
  allysonrabbott | Jul 24, 2015 |
I was very excited when I was lucky enough to win a copy of Bittersweet as a prize in a contest. I am always so thrilled to find new to me authors.To me a new author creates another wonderful world for me to step into. I have found a lot of new favorite authors by chance and Grace Augustine is now on that list. She is a very talented lady that has written an very enthralling story.

Grace Augustine has written interesting and charismatic characters that I really enjoyed meeting. She also has created a fun town full of businesses that are described so well you feel like you could walk right into Tuners and have a drink or stop by Richard's Relics and browse his wonderful inventory.

Jake Evans is a successful CEO full of ambition to make his company even better. He has a wonderful girlfriend Jillian, but he also has a fondness for the playboy lifestyle he has always lived. Jake is charming and handsome which can sometimes successfully get this man in some serious trouble. In his own way I liked Jake, he's not a bad guy just a REALLY BAD boyfriend.

Jillian has a wonderful circle of friends that own and run some of the most well described businesses I have ever read about. I loved all her friends and how they have each other's back always! I love series books that are written around a group. I can't wait to see what Ms. Augustine has in store for the next book in the Acorn Hills series. I do know that it most certainly be will be on my must read list as soon as possible.

I have once again found myself another WONDERFUL new author that has totally captured my attention with just one book. I can't wait to see where this series leads and what wonderful stories Grace Augustine has in store for us really lucky readers.

Bittersweet is the first book in the Acorn Hills series. If you enjoy a nice romantic story with some drama, a few unexpected turns, a fun group of characters, and a well written story line, Then I think you should give this one a try. If you get a chance to read this book, I hope you will stop by to let me know what you thought of it. I think you will enjoy it, I know I certainly did. ( )
  MinDaf | Dec 8, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,760,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible