Violet Chaser (episodes 1-6) by Erica Reeder

Violet Chaser (episodes 1-6)

by Erica Reeder

731,138,814 (4.33)None

I enjoyed this book mainly on the strength of the characters. I liked that Cy, the female protagonist, was smart and independent. Sven, the male, protagonist, was really sweet and sexy, if a bit one-dimensional. Unfortunately, the villains were fairly one-dimensional as well. The world building on the human side could use some work, but the faerie side was interesting and I would like to learn more about it.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  bismarckfairy | Sep 28, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book! I liked the different point of view from other books I have read! It was nice to have a change! Like mysteries? Like fairies, vampires and creatures of the night, then pick up this book! Set in modern day times with lots of twists to keep you guessing! ( )
  dne2004 | Sep 8, 2016 |
Erica Reeder’s Violet Chaser is a mysterious fantasy that held me captivated. Faerie Princess/Bounty Hunter Cy Vanguard investigates the murder of a Fae in New Your City. Simultaneously, she meets the man of her dreams. Unfortunately for her, he is a vampire, the race that almost hunted the Fae into extinction. This contemporary urban fantasy is suitable for adult audiences.

I really enjoyed this book. It was cleaver and had many intriguing twists. Erica Reeder did a great job with her descriptions. I liked the personality differences between the vampires and vampyr. The plot was interesting and fast moving.

The character development was well done. Cy is a great heroine. She is not your typical princess. She is tough and not afraid to get her hands dirty. She is smart and brave. She has some interesting talents. She does what she feels is right. I like Sven. He is down to earth and noble. The two have great chemistry. The conflict with Anthony was compelling. Kittie was a fascinating addition. Thomas is a notable adversary. He comes off as crazy and determined.

Cy and Sven are both likable characters. I would really like to see their story continue. Erica Reeder created a wonderful world that has lots of potential for future stories. She has me hooked. I will definitely look out for more books by her in the future.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Aug 13, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible