Slow Burn (Lost Kings MC #1) by Autumn Jones…

Slow Burn (Lost Kings MC #1)

by Autumn Jones Lake

Being a huge MC Romance lover, and a lawyer, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see how two people, from such completely opposite sides of the track,might meet and fall in love. And boy, am I glad I did! I loved the chemistry between this unlikely duo! The writing is also excellent, and I enjoyed getting to meet the eclectic cast of secondary characters who will no doubt form the basis for future books in the Lost Kings MC series.

The last thing Hope Kendall envisioned when she walked into court for a civil matter was that she would have her arm twisted by the judge into representing a big, smooth talking, "sexy in the most obscene and dangerous way", biker on a small possession charge. When Rochlan "Rock" North, the President of the Lost Kings MC, insists on taking her to lunch to show his appreciation, Hope is left with no choice but to say yes.

To her surprise, it becomes instantly clear that she feels an attraction for Rock, one which is clearly mutual, but nonetheless can never happen. You see, not only is Hope a straight-laced girl, and Rock is well . . . a biker who runs a strip club, and clearly must deal in illegal things; but she is also happily married.

Never one to adhere strictly to rules, Rock would be willing to overlook the little fact of Hope's marriage to get his fix of the girl who has quickly become an obsession for him; but, in the end, when he realizes how committed she is to her ideals, he settles for having her as his MC's lawyer. That is, until danger strikes.

Then fate further intervenes, and all bets are off. Rock knows he is claiming Hope, and it is just a matter of time; but will Hope agree?

Wow, what a story! What in the beginning seems impossible, ends up being the only possible reality! I loved Rock's protective nature and how he admires Hope's intelligence, and is constantly trying to build her up. On the spectrum of MC romances, I would say this is on the lighter and sweeter side and definitely a great book, not just for MC romance lovers, but also for anyone who is thinking of trying this sub-genre. I look forward to continuing Rock's and Hope's story in Corrupting Cinderella!

Source: Review copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  B.J.O. | Dec 13, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,639,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible